This really is the best recording of the show. I know there are longer versions but this is the original and the one to replace your old LP version which must now be worn out.
In 2008 in the UK we had an excellent profesional tour of the show and it was this CD that made me book for the show! Carol Channing is Dolly, was Dolly and nobody could better her performance.
The CD brings back seeing her on the London stage with Eddie Bracken as Horace and she was brilliant and this studio recording captures all of the razzmatazz. A super reissue of a classic album.
on 21 December 2003
NO NO NO this is not the soundtrack of Hello Dolly, just a cheap compilation with various b list singers-awful
This UK studio album has previously been released by Carlton & by Sanctuary on Pulse and appears to date from 1996 and was produced by Gordon Lorenz. The CD is now being reissued by Hallmark as part of their "The Shows Collection" and so far there are over 20 such CDs in the series. In 1964 - Frankie Vaughan had a UK number 18 chart success with "Hello Dolly" backed by "Long Time No See" but this is a much later recording of the song. All the vitality of a seasoned performer is here. Show stoppers from the stage production are given individual stylings by Ruth Madoc and Tracy Collier whilst John Howard gives a traditional reading of his vocals. It was entertaining to hear Ruth Madoc with Kenny Ball in their rendition of the title song which we actually hear 3 times in full on this CD. I am pleased to say that the sound quality is very good and as a studio recording of songs from the show this is well worth listening to along with the other releases currently available. Running time 32 mins and 30 seconds.
on 11 February 2014
I have the movie tracks but I wanted to hear what the stage version sounded like as we are about to perform this show and it was interesting to see what we had to live up to.
on 29 July 2010
Just what I need for rehearsing for our show in December, but like Barbara Streisand's voice better
on 6 December 2015
Wife loves it, so I'm happy