on 14 July 2015
One of the best albums ever!
on 15 February 2015
Excellent.
on 25 February 2016
Excellent. Arrived quickly. Very pleased.
on 10 February 2016
Great Product
on 27 October 2008
I'm a big fan of The Cure and have adored them for longer than I care to admit, but this album is by far my favorite. Although other Cure albums are brilliant, this one keeps the same atmosphere through the whole album which for me, makes it stand out. Definately the soundtrack to my youth as I was in my late teens when this came out and I was at that time the sterotypical teenager who heard this and thought "At last, someone who understands me!."

However many years later, I still listen to this album a lot and still love it. The music and the lyrics are just pure genius and although it may be thought of as rather melancholy, it is, in the wonderful self-obsessed way where you can just wallow in it all. Although melancholy it always makes me feel uplifted after listening to it as its so beautiful. Robert Smith at his most brilliant with both the music and the lyrics. Sheer Poetry!
on 22 May 2001
Expanding the latent arena-rock sensibilities that peppered Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me by slowing them down and stretching them to the breaking point, the Cure reached the peak of their popularity with the crawling, darkly seductive Disintegration. It's a hypnotic, mesmerizing record, comprised nearly entirely of epics like the soaring, icy "Pictures of You." The handful of pop songs, like the concise and utterly charming "Love Song," don't alleviate the doomy atmosphere. The Cure's gloomy soundscapes have rarely sounded so alluring, however, and the songs ¡X from the pulsating, ominous "Fascination Street" to the eerie, string-laced "Lullaby" ¡X have rarely been so well-constructed and memorable. It's fitting that Disintegration was their commercial breakthrough, since, in many ways, the album in the culmination of all the musical directions the Cure were pursuing over the course of the '80s.
on 20 May 2015
spot on....
on 12 January 2016
THE CURE BABY!
VINE VOICEon 19 April 2007
There are times in our lives when certain pieces of music act as a trigger to memories of that particular time. Disintegration does this for me...

You have to be of strong, sober mind to listen to and enjoy this CD. If you are feeling angry and/or depressed it can drag you further into the depths of despair, such is its power.

The tracks are long and multi layered and they draw you in bit by bit until you become a part of the music. The lyrics too of some of the tracks are so agonised it's hard to describe and they send shivers down my spine and tears to my eyes even now, nearly twenty years later.

If you want an introduction to The Cure, then I'd suggest you look elsewhere. Once you have a few of the easier ones in your collection, then buy this and bathe in its dark beauty.......
on 10 November 2015