Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 20 March 2005
You know when you see a good movie and want to keep the memories? So you buy the soundtrack. Then you find that your favorite song is not on the track or the record is an instrumental that keeps playing variations on the same theme over and over. Or it really is a sound track and everyone is talking.
Well you are in for a surprise. The music you wanted is on this soundtrack. It is consistently French or has that feel. And it is not the same theme over and over. Even if you haven't seen the movie (which is impossible), this is a good collection to listen too. Unfortunately for me I do not speak French so I will have to settle for the sound. If anyone know what they are saying on "Les Yeux Ouverts - Beautiful South" I would be interested? I know this one, "Via Con Me - Paolo Conte" but not what they may have changed. I am amazed even Kevin Kline sounds good.
on 21 November 2012
I had seen the film of the album title, but hadn't listened to the music. Im glad I did! A marvellous soundtrack of great music,some of the songs I already knew, some new ones, I play it over and over again,I would recommend this as the music doesnt disappoint! Great listening and gives a happy feel good feeling! A little bit of french magic!
on 20 November 2000
Haven't seen the film and came across this by accident in a friend's car. I haven't stopped listening since.. A beautiful collection of diverse tracks that fit together so well. Only the final track breaks the mood, but you need snapping out of it if only to start again from the beginning. Almost perfect!
on 7 June 2014
recently watched the film and don't know how I missed the great sound track first time round, years ago. Had no idea kevin Kline could sing like this! His "La Mer" is captivating.

Lots of great tracks from the likes of Van Morrison, Louis Armstrong, Paolo Conti. Easy and delightful listening.listening
on 1 November 2000
I thought this may be a dodgy one, but it has on it ecellent tracks that cover all tastes and moods. It has classic French vocals that are mood inspiring. Some of the tracks youmay want to leave but overall it is a play and play again.
on 21 May 2014
I love this film and bought it because it's an old favourite! My only complaint is the lack of subtitles when Jean Reno and Kevin Kline speak in French. In the original the subtitles just came up automatically. Now it's all or nothing! Still love it though....school girl French can be useful!
on 13 June 2013
We have the DVD, it's great and the CD is just as good. We really bought the CD for the French tracks and they do n't disappoint.
Great film, Great sountracks.
on 27 January 2015
This is a lovely compilation of the film's soundtrack. Kevin Kline sings La Mer so well and I remembered his version from the film. To find Van the Man, Louis Armstrong, the Beautiful South, Ella Fitzgerald, Paolo Conte and others there as well just added to my enjoyment of the CD.
on 8 August 2012
This is a lovely cd and the music is very evocative of the French countryside. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will have it on the player when I go away later on.
on 6 December 2001
This compilation will whisk you off to the wine vinyards of southern france via Paris just as the film does.
Highly recommended for day dreamers!