Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 September 2015
I listened to Kate Bush when I was a teenager but then for some reason did not listen for a long time. Now I have rediscovered her music again and it sounds so very good again. Great voice and great music.
on 12 April 2017
Enjoyed this cd, Kate creative as always
on 23 May 2013
I am a big Kate Bush fan, but all of my collection was either on cassette or vinyl, so I decided to update it. This CD was of excellent quality and great value for money!
on 19 July 2017
Great album.
on 8 April 2017
Great music
on 10 March 2017
Just gorgeous, melodic, moving and mysterious. Bless you Kate.
on 28 March 2017
Good album
on 23 July 2009
This album would be worth 5 stars for "This woman's work" alone. I don't believe that i've ever heard a song with so much power in my entire life. Every hair on my body stood on end at both crescendos. As someone who spends his life searching in vain for songs that marry emotional power with sympathetic music and dynamics to match, this is no mean feat.

Leaving this aside The Sensual World is my first real foray into the mind of Kate Bush and I am staggered. As a guitarist i find it difficult to listen to music that isn't driven along by guitars (narrow minded, I know), and am constantly turned off by music that i consider to be sparse. This is one of the hugest sounding albums that i have ever heard.

I would recommend The Sensual World to anyone without reserve as a way into Kate Bush, although i know that others would argue that Hounds Of Love is a better place to start. However, until i hear it (which will be soon, trust me) i couldn't say.
on 14 March 2017
sounds as good and as contemporary today as it did when I was 10. In fact that's what the kids should be doing, listening to Kate Bush, not playing COD
on 30 October 2011
After owning a copy of this album for 22 years, I still rate this a gem. Although perhaps a bit overproduced in places and especially with rather 'splashy' drum sounds there are some tracks on this album which are amongst my favourite Kate tracks even though I prefer her more recent work.

Particularly of note are the beautiful strings on The Fog and Reaching Out. Heads were Dancing is delightfully dark and spooky. Love the wistfulness and sense of longing on Never be Mine.

Although I love the Directors Cut updating of some of these tracks, I am also delighted to experience the nostalgia of the originals.