Customer reviews

on 3 July 2001
Since Christmas my two year old has been playing Bob the Builder almost non-stop. Now its "Peter and Wolf again, again!". We both love it. It goes with us into the car and out again on any journey. We play it in the living room, and the bedroom. Even better, I'm learning at last to distinguish between the sound of the oboe and the clarinet - my son is already ahead of me. He's not keen on the 'young person's guide..' but I think he will when he's a little older.
11 Comment| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2014
I first heard Peter and the Wolf when I was only seven, Mum and Dad having bought it for me for Christmas on vinyl. I can't remember who narrated it, but this deserves a definite five star. Many of us will remember Richard Baker presenting Melodies For You on Radio 2 on Sunday evenings (I can even remember Sam Costa presenting it on Sunday mornings at 10 am). Baker is an excellent narrator and each instrument is excellently played. I had never heard the Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra until I bought this not long after its release and I think it's an excellent work to help get younger people into the sound of the orchestra. I really liked the way each instrument section is dealt with individually, ending with the whole orchestra playing together. If it's an excellent presentation of these works you're on the lookout for, perhaps for your young child, I recommend you to go for this one - you won't be disappointed.