Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 April 2017
This is Lionel's first solo album and it contains classics such as Truly. A must for any fan of Lionel's music.
on 27 April 2017
Great artist
on 10 May 2016
Superb
on 17 March 2016
Good for price
on 10 June 2004
I have to admit I had only heard of "Truly" and "Endless Love" so I was not too sure how good this was going to be. However I was quickly won over by the abundance of superbly soulful tracks. They are all wonderfully crafted and consistently of the highest order. In fact after a few listens you will struggle to find a track that stands apart from the rest, yes including "Truly". To round off the album two bonus tracks have been included, of which "Endless Love" is a particularly a welcome addition. It is in demo form but of a good production standard and is a solo track and so you get to hear what the song could have been like. Overall well worth a gander.
on 18 December 2015
I first heard this album shortly after I bought Can't Slow Down in 1984 and both these albums were my foree into Lionel Richie's excellent music. There are nine tracks on the album and from the drum start of Serves You Right to the final chord of Just Put Some Love in Your Heart there's not a bad track on the album. For me, there are some tracks which stand out: Truly, where you feel Lionel's still got the rather gritty voice from his Commodore days, but you sense that he's setting out on his journey to bring us the ballads and love songs we've come to love. You Are, his second single, which I don't think charted and My Love, his final single, on which you find yourself singing Easy on the chorus. Serves You Right and Round and Round are instant tracks and just listen to the strings on Wandering Stranger, especially the lovely haunting ending to it. There are two extra tracks on this CD, a demo of Endless Love, where Lionel sings on his own, then an instrumental of You Are (why, I wonder, didn't they give us the instrumental of Truly, which is one of two tracks on the B side of the twelve inch of You Are)? I have never tired of this album and it ranks high in my play list.
on 13 August 2008
Personally I think this is his best album - a halfway house between the Commodores and the more commercial material that followed. Recommended.
on 24 October 2016
I got this to replace a copy that was one of my favs back in the day still sounds great......and complete with ltrics and footnotes just like the original LP...
on 13 January 2015
just great for teaching my class - fitness exercise movement and dance
on 13 November 2000
This album is without a doubt lionels best album it is a wonderful album with some is his best tracks these tracks are all a number of years old but stil can pull on your heart strings with the most emotional lyrics ever, in short lional is "truly" great man with a wonderful voice and a great talent for writing superb records he is a musical genius,and also if you have the chance to see him live please go and see him, his record are great but to hear live is a fantastic experience.