Customer reviews

Good As I Been To You
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 August 2015
It would be unfair to say too much about this album, because it would be biased because I think dylan can do no wrong, so I love it!
on 24 June 2015
Bob's renditions of these well-chosen folk songs are classic.I understand some of these are pretty famous on the folk scene, but I'd never heard of them before. I bought two of these cos I lost the first one - taped them, learnt them - great album.
on 3 January 2014
I bought it as a replacement for the vinyl which I still like, but of the two 'folkie' albums released in the early '90's I have to admit World Gone Wrong is probably the stronger of the two. Still, at least it's got his take on 'Arthur McBride...'
on 22 March 2012
I read a review on this cd that bob sounds rough
What was he expecting. Michael bubbley. Bobs
Voice is well suited to to a swashbuckling good ole
See shanty songs along with his crisp biting accoustic
Playing and the playing is good bye the way. We sail on
The nooon tide me heartys worth every dubloon maty
on 11 February 2014
Nice and relaxed nothing too dramatic always loved Bob Dylan and a few new additons here to just relax to !
on 9 September 2013
miss out on a single track from the great master , they all here just waiting to be switched on.
on 11 December 1999
I adore this album. It is Bob doing old folk songs, and he makes them soooo much fun. I've since bought some of the orginials which he covers here, and he uses his great big brain to make them new and very fun! I sing these on home from pub every time!
on 7 February 2008
Leo Kottke is celebrated as having described his own voice as "goose farts on a foggy day". A reasonable description balanced by the simple fact that he plays unbelievably wonderful guitar. Bob Dylan however has a voice (more evidently than usual on this album) that sounds like the cries of a particularly vocal and constipated goose being slowly tortured to death with a petrol powered brush-cutter. Furthermore his guitar playing is so excruciatingly bad (again as usual) as he butchers this selection of English and American folk songs that, were he unknown, he would be forcibly ejected from any half-decent folk club.

Why then do I award this 4 stars? Because it just sounds great!! I can't explain it - you just have to listen for yourself. At the price it sells for nowadays you can afford to take the chance and, if you do, it'll creep up on you for sure - trust me.....
on 5 August 2014
Bob Dylan back to his acoustic best. Both adults and children will love this.JJ
on 7 March 2015
Very interesting songs. Dylan a bit different but still great.