Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 September 2014
Loved this CD. Gary's string of foot-stomping music was a pleasure back in the day, complete with the platforms and glitter outfit. Pity about his private life but his music was great at the time.
on 27 November 2011
I am so upset for this guy - yes I know he has gone to places people don't wish to speak of - I grew up in the Seventies and I thought him the Sweet , Mud , Slade , T rex - Suza Q , Showaddywaddy , etc were great send up fun . Do you remember when it was the thing to go to Glasgow and watch the New year GG show ? well I do and went a few times too ..... a great night out - what a deep shame ... coz it was very very good ,

John ( 50 ) leeds
on 22 June 2012
A great era of music. Great songs that only he could perform with such vigour. A pity about his private life , but this is about the music not 'his off stage life'
on 30 October 2011
Was pleased to be able to get this at a reasonable price. I love the music of Gary Glitter and enjoy listening to it while doing the housework
55 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2011
This album has the cover of Glitters album Glitter .However this contains all his important hit singles and so as it says is a best of or greatest hits package. The important thing here for anyone interested is that they are all the original hit recordings from the 1970s .When buying best of albums of 60s or 70s artists that is something one should be extremely carefull of as there is so much re recorded rubbish on the market and it can be very difficult to tell if you are getting the original recordings untill you buy or even play it .
on 22 April 2016
I bought this as a Fathers Day gift for my Dad. It came within day of me placing the order and it is good quality. Not my personal choice of music but my Dad will love it. Can't fault the product, price or delivery.
on 8 October 2011
Whatever you believe of G.G, justifiably disgraced or perhaps the majority of his 'crimes' were set up by the very respectable News of the World, you can't fault his music or the impact it had on the lives of his fans, this is a great compilation but I wonder why the powers to be never put songs in chronological order, to me it would make much more sense as it shows how the artists develop over their career, anyway, buy this and lets get back to playing Gary Glitter music again.
on 17 August 2011
I GREW UP IN THE 70'S AND I LOVED WATCHIN GARY GLITTER ON TV ,I BOUGHT HIS SINGLES AS THEY CAME OUT ,JUST LIKE EVERONE DID , SO EVERY SINGLE I BOUGHT BACK THEN ARE ON THIS CD BUT WITH AMAZING CLEAR SOUND UNLIKE THE 70'S WERE MOST SINGLES HISSED , ANYWAY I LOVE THIS CD , STICK IN YOUR PLAYER AND GO BACK TO THE 70'S WHEN LIFE REALLY WAS SIMPLE ......
77 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2015
Glitter's personal life, shameful as it turned out, should not discourage people from buying his music. He produced some good stuff during the 70's. This album has all his hits, with the exception of 'Rock and Roll Christmas'. The omission of which which i found disappointing. 12 of the 20 tracks are those which fans will remember him by. The other 8 are what i would regard as 'fillers' and are some which i would not, personally, listen to. I would have been happy without the '8' plus 'Christmas'. These are all the original recordings and well worth getting if you want to relive the days when GG was the Leader.
on 30 August 2014
Excellent album. Well worth the money. Problems in his home life can't take away the talent this guy as as a entertainer. Brought back happy teenage motorcycling days. The songs live on, buy the album, you won't regret it. Worth every penny.