Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 July 2000
From the screaming guitar intro of Action Strasse through to the echoing fade out of 'To be continued' this is a unique and never bettered production from the greatest rock band of all time. A one act play called the 'Tale of the giant stoneater' could only be described as incredible.What is even more amazing is that they could and did perform this live. If you don't own this record then you've never heard it. Buy this record before you buy anything else.
on 13 February 2002
I bought this album to relive part of my youth. On listening to it for the first time in 20 years it brought back so many good memories. My son of 10 yrs is now addicted to it also. Good investment gets my top marks!
on 7 August 2007
A tragic loss and along with many others, I left it too late to see them live. It's been told that Alex Harvey insisted on them being referred to as 'The Sensational Alex Harvey Band', the 'Sensational' was never to be left out. This album certainly earned him that right!
I feel a similar enthusiasm for this album to that which our other friend (reviewer) from Scotland has eloquently expressed.
The opinion about 'Next' being their greatest has cropped up a number of times and the only reason that I don't find much of a problem with that is because- 'Next' was made by the same band that did THIS ONE!!!
Why not get both? I'd be sure to spend your money on 'Tomorrow Belongs To Me' first though! This one's the whole experience rather than a collection of parts, and I believe should be well up in the top prog rock albums of all time!
on 6 September 2014
The 1970s. Me in my early twenties, wearing a red velvet jacket and faded, flared denims, sleeping in the YMCA in Amsterdam and listening to the Sensational Alex Harvey Band (SAHB). Ultimately, this review is about quality song-writing and nobody (and I mean nobody) wrote songs with such swagger and originality as Alex Harvey, alas no longer with us. SAHB were my absolute favourite band throughout my twenties, frankly in a decade when a lot of the music wasn't very good. They produced a series of stunning albums from 1972 until 1979 but in the end, nothing showcases the sheer breadth and originality of their work better than Tomorrow Belongs To Me. The band itself were hugely accomplished musicians fronted by the most audacious and charismatic front-man that I have ever seen. enowned for being even better live than they were on record, I went to see them support The Who at Charlton in 1975. I hate large venues and they are the only band I ever went to see at a stadium gig. `Nuff said...
on 27 June 2013
Pinching the opening line to one of the songs seemed appropriate, so now read on! This in my opinion is the last of the truly great S.A.H.B. albums, being No.4. And if I'm right what a fabulous epitaph it would make. The last 3 studio albums excluding 'Live' seemed to lose that manic edge. That said they are still well worth a listen. And as far as this one goes I really do 'Give My Compliments To The Chef!' so eat up and enjoy. This is an amazing and varied album - great musicianship and some crazy lyrics all delivered with Alex's unique vocal style. Alex even shows he can be a tender vocalist as well on the title song. And what's more you have not lived untill you have heard 'The Tale Of The Giant Stone Eater'. So 'Shake That Thing' and enjoy as the whole thing hits you like a 'Snake Bite' as you walk along the 'Action Strasse'. Dear Alex & Co you are sorely missed and most of all thanks for the memories as I fear your kind will never come along again.