Customer reviews

The First Of A Million Kisses
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 March 2017
An excellent release. The only way it could be bettered would have been as a triple CD set including the rest of the Kawasaki set & the other odd tracks that were released elsewhere.
on 14 September 2017
unforgettable; excellent CD; thanx
on 10 June 2017
Full of poignant and thought provoking songs
on 2 April 2017
A classic with some lovely extras - I'd invest in the 'Live In Japan' full set too!
on 4 August 2012
Perhaps I was expecting more songs like the hit singles,perfect and find my love,so I am a little bit disappointed with it as it is a bit on the folksy side for me.I have only played it once so it may grow on me with further playing.Amazon delivered on time as usual.
on 15 August 2015
This album was one of the sounds of my teens and early twenties, but as I originally had it on tape it has been an age since I have heard it. I am so glad that I thought to buy the CD so that I can listen to it again.

I always thought that Fairground Attraction were a little indefinable and I still do. I love the range of different feels the album has, from the slightly more jazz and upbeat feel of 'Clare' to the melancholy feel of 'The Wind Knows My Name'. Eddi Reader's voice has quite a range and that is demonstrated in several tracks, 'Whispers' for example. My favourite track on the album is 'The Moon Is Mine', which is a lovely lively track with some wonderful lyrics.
on 23 January 2015
the first of a million kisses .....
lovely to sing along to this perfect ... beautiful music ... lovely ...
on 14 March 2007
I first came across Fairground Attraction supporting Deacon Blue at the Barrowland in Glasgow, the week before Perfect was released. It was obvious right away that they stood out from the crowd, the instruments they played, the songs from Mark E. Nevin and that voice from Eddi Reader! I saw them again a few weeks later at Govan Town Hall and they were already number 1.

Sadly they only lasted the one album before falling out, the songs destined for their second album ending up released by Mark E.Nevin with Brian Kennedy under the name Sweetmouth.

But back to the album! The singles were extremely catchy - Perfect and Find My Love, but the real strength of the album is in some of the slow songs. Moon on the Rain, Wind Knows My Name and Allelujah standing out. I saw Eddi live recently and she sang Allelujah and it is still beautiful. The album title comes from the lyric in Allelujah - we'll kiss the first of a million kisses.

Eddi is still going strong, with Roy Dodd the percussionist still performing in her band. Mark E. Nevin is sadly no longer in the music business having gone on to work with Morrissey. Worth checking out A Leaf From A Tree by Mary Coughlan though - another cracking song from Mark.
on 9 July 2017