Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£12.27+ £1.26 shipping

on 12 June 2015
delighted thank you
on 31 October 2014
I have the original 1988 CD of Revolutions and was hoping that the remastered version brought some life back into the recording. I was astonished at how fresh and clean the recording started compared to the original. I was loving my new purchase until the track 'Revolution' started playing, what the hell have they done to it?!?! One of the best tracks has been completely ruined and sounds terrible (Those people who have listened to the original will know what I am talking about). Its a real shame as a decent JMJ album has just been pushed into the 'OK' category for me. If you can, try and find the 1988 original version of the CD, it may not sound as clean but at least you'll appreciate original version of the track which 'was' really good.
44 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2012
As it is written in title I expected 1988 edition of Revolutions instead of that I got new remastered edition with title track in new edition from 1994. During research I found that 1988 edition was deleted due to copyright issues and the one I got is new properly edited one without troublesome content. Anyway the title is misleading and it certainly is not a 1988 edition. That's why I don't like it. 1988 edition of album is marvelous dough.
on 17 December 2000
"Revolutions" is Jean Michel Jarre's album release from 1988 that coincided with his rain-hit "Destination Docklands" concert in London. The album has some very good tracks - the superb title track (for later releases it's the superior 1990 Paris La Defense version retitled "Revolution, Revolutions") and the very moody "Industrial Revolution" which features some nice Depeche Mode-esque type sounds. Also worthy of mention is "Computer Weekend" which almost seems like a continuation of "Oxygene Part 6", and "the Emigrant" which makes a stirring uplifting end to the album.
Sadly there are some rather cheesy tracks on the album too. "London Kid" featuring Hank Marvin of the Shadows on lead guitar is rather apalling, and "September" is decidedly cringeworthy.
Having said that, the moments of Jarre genius shine through, and for that it's well worth getting the album. Not a classic Jarre album, but still very good.
on 22 February 2017
What a terrible re-master, I could have done better with my copy of Soundforge Pro from the original!
I only bought this as 1 track was changed from the original 1988 version I also own.
I would not recommend this version and advise anyone to get the un mastered version if they are not Jarre collectors.
on 10 January 2016
a very good album love this one almost as much as is early ones,still nice to listen to his music that chills you out.
on 21 February 2013
Wanted this for years. I was not disappointed (except for maybe the track with Hank Marvin on it... uggh!). I remember the title track from his Destination Docklands concert in the pouring rain. Brilliant!
on 19 June 2011
It's ok if a bit short but I do remember the rain and snow that night man years ago good times
on 10 January 2016
quite average really, nothing stands out
on 21 October 2015
Jean Michel Jarre cd is great.