Customer reviews

Let's Talk About Love
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 March 2008
I think this album is brilliant, it really stands out from anything else out there. Funnily enough this was the first full Celine album i ever listened to, proir to that i only knew Celine from owning the mega hit single 'My Heart Will Go On'. I was like 8 or 9 and i heard someone play that song, even at that age i noticed how good the vocals were, it was inevitable that one day i would become a Celine Dion fan.

The best songs on this album, if i had to pick them out are 'Us', 'Miles To Go Before I Sleep' & 'The Reason', this song is sung perfectly and i can understand why they put it as the opening track on the album, the song takes off with such power, but i must point this out, it does sound a bit like a Queen song with it's tempo changes and strong, heavy backing vocal for the phase 'in the middle of the night'. I mean as i said, i love all the songs on this album, the only song i skip is 'I Hate You Then I Love You' the duet with Pavarotti, thats the only dodgy song on the album. Having said that, i do think the collaborations are slightly weaker than when we hear Celine on her own, but thats just my opinion. Overall its a superb album, and if you don't already own it i would defiantly recommend you add it to your collection.
on 15 December 2005
After 'The Colour of My Love', Celine had set herself a very high standard to live up to in my opinion, and my word she has kept to that standard in superb fashion. It took her 2 attempts mind you, as 'Falling Into You' was a bit hit-and-miss for me but she has done it.

The variation on the album makes it an interesting listen (although Celine never sounds out of place and that voice of her's is magical). This comes from the slick songs on the album like Treat Her Like A Lady, Just A Little Bit Of Love and (the quiet in comparison) Why Oh Why, which have a modern edge to them but unlike her post-retirement studio albums (apart from Miracle), complement Celine's style rather than her having to adapt to the style of the songs. They are refreshing to hear.

All of the other songs on the album are true Celine ballads and I cannot fault any of them, from The Reason to Let's Talk About Love. Celine pours all the emotion and effort she can into them, without making the most of her vocal power all of the time - Tell Him, Immortality, Miles To Go and Where Is The Love? are examples of songs where Celine uses the softer side of her voice and I wish she would do that more often because she sounds so good!

Let's Talk About Love' is brilliant and one of Celine's best albums in my opinion, possibly her best. 'The Colour of My Love' is it's main rival. For other people who share my sentiments and cannot decide which is their favourite of the two, here's a way to help you make your decision:

Do you want to express your love in colours or talk about it?
on 17 December 2006
Although through my own preference I would not call this album my favourite colection of Celine Dion's work, this is a very good collection of songs. This album is particularly good for setting a romantic mood, or getting you relaxed. A fairly low-key album, without many of her usual power ballads, Let's Talk About Love carries sensuality at a gentle rhythm with a beautiful underlying feeling of desire. In particular, "Where Is The Love" and title track "Let's Talk About Love" stand out as pieces of music that express true, solid emotion.
on 15 September 2002
If you haven't already got this album, buy it! You will be able to see why Let's Talk About Love has already sold around 30 million. With Celine's trademark ballads such as When I Need You, Immortality (with the Bee Gees), The Reason, Tell Him (with Barbara Streisand) and of course, the unforgettable My Heart Will Go On, you will love the abum throughout- something for everyone!
The album also has her usual up-tempo pop songs like Just A Little Bit of Love and the reggae/rap style song Treat Her Like A lady.
Working with legends such as The Bee Gees, Barbara Streisand, Pavarotti, Carole King, George Martin (The Beatles producer/manager) and Jim Steinman (Meatloaf), it is easy to see why Celine is so popular with her fans and other artists and producers.
The Bee Gees said Celine is the best singer they have ever worked with. Working with top quality singers such as Ms. Streisand, see for yourself why they think this!
A MUST FOR YOUR COLLECTION!
on 9 November 1999
This was an unusual purchase for me - my tastes are usually more in the industrial/metal end of the pop spectrum. But boy was I glad I made the trip!! I'm not ashamed to say I wept at 'Why oh Why', while the literally 'Titanic' "My Heart Will Go On" had me 'sinking' to my knees... Guys in black leather, swallow your pride and, as Celine urges, "Let's Talk About Love"
on 5 September 2007
A good album i like some of the singles but not all of them but the tracks that stand for me are when i need you amar haciendo el amor and just a little bit of love i got i for a very good price 2 i think it was less than a pound but anyway the point is the album was good 9/10
on 29 April 2000
Celine Dion has become an international superstar over the last few years and it is no wonder with Albums such as this to her name. Lets hope that her recent decision to take a break is not permanent and we hear much more from her in the future!
on 14 August 2000
a collection of amazing songs 4 duets with carole king, pavorotti, the bee gees and barbara streisand.there is reggae & ballards on this cd. if you like celine you will love it
on 18 February 2010
WELL WHAT CAN I SAY ,WHEN I FIRST LISTENDED TO THIS ALBUM ITS WONDERFULL, AND I RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO BUY ,YOU WILL NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY, EVERY SONG IS WONDERFULL, AND CELINE DION WILL RELEASE TWO MORE BRAND NEW ALBUMS IN SPRING 2010, WITH A BRAND NEW DVD OF TAKING CHANCES TOUR, ANOTHER WONDERFULL ALBUM, I RECOMMEND PEOPLE SHOULD BUY EVERY CELINE DION ALBUM, THEY ARE THE BEST SONGS EVER, SHE IS THE BEST SINGER EVER, PLEASE BUY ALL OF HER ALBUMS, YOU WILL NOT BE LET DOWN,

WELL WORTH MONEY
on 14 April 2001
Somehow, with this album, Celine has lost the magic that she had with the Falling Into You and the Colour Of My Love albums. Definite songs like Immortality, Be The Man, Us, When i need you, Tell him, The reason, Lets talk about love and my heart will go on all stand out from the rest of the songs. I am sorry to say this, but Celine seems to be very drab and mournful on this album. Even the albums cover, back and booklet is coated in black. Many of the songs do not hold any potential to make you go back to listen to them again. Of course, the album has its ups, but then again, it has its downs, and more of them i have to say. This album is great if you are a Celine fan, and 'just good' if this is a one off purchase, but if you found her past albums fantastically pleasing, then you may be disappointed with this one. Needless to say, the next propper album, 'All the way' picks Celine back up to the level that she deserves to be remembered for.