Customer reviews

on 26 October 2013
Nothing musical theatre about this 1970 recording studio version. It's a pure rock opera concept album.

Yvonne Elliman's performance of "I Don't Know How to Love Him", makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.
Ian Gillan and Murray Head. Pure raw rock voices singing from the soul. Totally engaging.

Andrew Lloyd Webber was just 22 when this was released. It's probably down to a rare prodigious talent combined youthful self confidence and that nobody had had the chance to knock any originality out of the concept.

Fab tunes, lyrics, superb arrangements, the country's finest rock session musicians and and amazing line-up of singers.

IMHO far superior to any of the later soundtrack/cast versions.
on 12 April 2016
Fantastic! Have been trying to find this for a while now and it lives up to the expectations I had from memories of listening to my parents vinyl version in the 70's. I'm not particularly religious, but purely from the musical side, this is a classic rock album.
on 27 July 2015
Sheer nostalgia, this purchase - remembered from the days when Lloyd -Weber were popular with us teenagers and Rock Opera was relatively new, as was the 'concept' album. The album doesn't disappoint, and there are some very strong vocal performances here.
For me, Ian Gillian just edges Ted Neeley in the OST album.
I remembered all the words from the 70's! Go on, you know you want to sing along too!
on 15 May 2015
Excellent purchase. received in good time, well packaged, goods as described.one very happy customer.
on 23 May 2016
Now I can play this album as often how I wish without the damage to the original album which occurred to the original one through over playing
on 25 July 2012
I had the vinyl of this many years ago and this is the exact CD of it. It is a great soundtrack, brilliant singing and the quality of the recording still holds up today. It arrived very quickly also.
on 5 March 2016
Great job. Many thanks.
on 17 December 2015
Great music if you like this stuff
on 12 August 2013
Having lost my LP version of the recording I looked for quite a while for the recording on CD,this is the original and in my opinion of Jesus Christ Superstar.It has brought back many happy memories of the 70s.Many thanks.
Terry.F.
on 7 May 2015
Heard/saw this live in London decades ago. Still love it now.