on 11 March 2016
As when I was a small child in the 1960s I liked The Bachelors, and I thought I would dislike them now, but no I still loved the sound of the wonderful Bachelors voices and they still were superb to me after 50 years.

If like me you enjoy nostalgia plus high quality singing which never dates. I firmly believe the Bachelors to be a 1960s phenomenon which still sounds wonderful today.

I would very like to recommend this CD I Believe - The Bachelors - The Decca Years as being truly marvellous and relevant as a shining example of the superb 1960s highest quality groups. This just so much more than mere nostalgia as sheer excellent value cannot be equalled.

Buy it because you love and want to go back those glorious days of the wonderful 1960s and remember your own self way back then. The Bachelors three superb voices of the Shamrock Green - Ireland.
on 18 November 2003
If you are looking for an album that captures everything good about The Bachelors in their heydey, then this is the one for you! All their chart hits on the Decca label are here, along with the remaining 13 singles that didn't quite make it. There are a selection of 'b' sides too and if you bought their 45's back in the 60's you'll recognise these instantly. CD2 also contains some classic album tracks where you can enjoy the tremendous effort Decca put into all Bachelor's sessions, using the best Producers and Musical Directors around at the time. No 60's collection is complete without this nicely priced double CD. Buy it now!
on 26 August 2016
Great cd
on 30 April 2017
like it a lot
Best known for their biggest hit, Diane - it was number one in Britain and was also their biggest American hit, the Bachelors tackled a diverse range of material, always stamping their own identity on whatever they chose to record.
On this, the most comprehensive collection of their music ever released on CD, yow will find all their hits, including Charmaine, Diane, I believe and Sound of silence, and their misses - Faraway places, Whispering, Long time ago (a Christmas song), but a wide sample of their varied repertoire. There are children's songs (The unicorn, Land of the other way round), gospel (I'll walk with God, He's got the whole world in his hands), traditional folk (Michael row the boat ashore, Danny boy), movie songs (Everybody's talking, Diamonds are forever) and oldies from the Great American Songbook (My foolish heart, I'll see you in my dreams).
In some ways, their music was a relic of a bygone age even while they were recording it, but they brought a freshness and a charm to the old songs that allowed them to appeal to all ages. They recorded the occasional contemporary song - besides Sound of silence, you will find two other Paul Simon songs here (Punky's dilemma and Homeward bound) - but mostly they recorded songs of an earlier vintage. Many of those songs remain popular even now. If you enjoy those old songs and you also enjoy sixties music, this is for you.
on 24 March 2015
I remember being just seven yrs old in 1964 when my parents played all the wonderful music around during that time. The Bachelors were always on the turntable, and i remember enjoying their records just as much as the Beatles and others . Fifty years down the line i can see just how GOOD Con, Dec and John were. These performances are 'Shivers down the Spine' stuff, the vocals are so
Passionate and Emotional, with every harmony in the right place. Uplifting key changes and their voices souring, this really is Great music. My faves are "True Love Forevermore" this could have been covered by Decca lablemates the Fortunes, it sounds so similar. "If ever i would leave you" is a Stunner, "No arms could ever hold you" a real Heartbreaker for anyone who has just broken up with their partner."Can i trust you" covers similar lyrical themes to Lennon's "If i
fell", and is sung really well. I like "3
O'clock Flamingo Street" a dramatic track. Great songs will last forever, Great Performances will only add to that. Half a Century on, the Bachelors Still sound Amazing ! Good on you Lads !!
on 4 October 2000
What can I say, they were the best, The pleasure that I had from all of the Batchelors hits was wonderful , I hope that one day (I Beleive) will again be number (1) in the charts.
Regards to the Batchelors
Vera
on 1 February 2013
Bought this CD for friend with new car and CD player. He can't play his Batchelors tapes now! He's been delighted with this CD and it's become a favourite. Great value, free P&P, well packed and speedy delivery.
on 8 November 2012
great songs to singalong with when at parties or just driving along the road trying to out sing them brilliant!
on 6 July 2013
All the hits I like and includes my favourite "The Unicorn", and other well know hits, all on 2 Cds