• Tambu

Customer reviews

Tambu
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 January 2017
Tambu is a very melodic, jazz-inspired outing from Toto and it really suits them well. The whole album benefits from excellent mixing, mastering and production, meaning we get to hear it as they intended. I'd not heard any of these tracks before and playing the full CD on my home Hi-Fi for the first time was a real treat; and at this price it's a gem of a buy. The insert has been made to look like a novel with each song presented as one chapter, there's even a cataloging-in code list at the front, nice touch Toto.
on 9 January 2013
How this album got past me,i don't know,but wow.thank you toto.I will remember and turning point are my favorite songs on this album.
on 20 April 2014
One of their later albums, Tambu works well ,and has some very catchy tunes and as always superb musicainship.Well worth adding to your collection.
on 10 February 2013
Includes "I will remember" during the time with Steve Lukather on lead vocals. A great album for all TOTO fans
on 4 February 2014
Have been a huge toto fan since first hearing "hold the line"in the seventies.Have most of their albums some excellent some indifferent.This is probably the best toto album since farenheit.
on 24 March 2016
great cd great service thankyou
on 10 May 2016
Everything is alright.
on 28 April 2016
super toto thank you AMAZON
on 16 April 2014
I love Toto. I am way to young to remember them being a huge deal in the music industry (after all, I was born in 1990!). But every time I mention them in a serious music conversation, I get laughed at. But why?

The musicianship is embarrasingly good, special credit goes to Simon Phillips on the drums for Tambu. Steve Lukather is an astonishing guitar player, and is blessed with a beautiful, soulful singing voice. And the hooks are absolutely spellbinding! For me, Tambu, alongside Fahrenheit, IV and The Seventh One, is proof that Toto were outstanding pop songwriters.

Gift Of Faith, I Will Remember, I Just Can't Get Over You and Slipped Away are powerful, memorable songs that are arranged almost like broadway numbers, they have such power and emotion.

Everything about Tambu shines. The artwork is another huge achievement. The concept of a cheap historical action adventure and the various chapters for each song is beautifully realised in the accompanying booklet, and for my money, Tambu is the best cover of any Toto album ever!

But the artwork isn't what is most important. The music is. Toto are fantastic, I own every album bar a few compilations and a covers album, and I would rank Tambu a close second to Fahrenheit, my favourite Toto release to date.
on 30 August 2014
Awful record which doesn't hold a candle to the 80s Toto. At least it has a good singer unlike the next album.