Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 October 1999
It was only recently that I saw Shed seven live, and after that I had to get their best of album Going for Gold. There are some fantastic songs in this album with the most notable being "Disco Down" and "Where have you been Tonight". Now that I have got the album, I can't stop playing it, they are truly the most underestimated band in Britain.
on 5 June 2000
When I bought this album I only knew half a dozen of the tracks by name. Once I listened to it however I found i knew them all. The best track is obviously "Chasing Rainbows", but "Disco Down", "Going for Gold" and "On Standby" are also excellent. "Going for Gold" is not as good as "Be Here Now" by Oasis or "Marchin' Already" by Ocean Colour Scene, but it is still well worth a listen.
on 15 February 2003
I love this album - even if you've never heard of them, buy it! There are no words to describe the brilliance of this group and this album. Best tracks have to be the funky 'Disco Down', unforgettable 'She left me on Friday' and the classy 'Heroes'. Shame there's no option for 100 stars. This gets my vote every time!
on 4 November 1999
Buy this album, now. You won't regret it. The press hates them but who cares? Although you might not know the songs by name, you will instantly recognise most of them. It's a great one to put in the CD player and listen to all the way through. The best tracks are "Going For Gold", "Disco Down", "Chasing Rainbows", and "She Left Me On Friday", but all of them are good.
on 29 April 2001
This is quite simply the best album i've ever listend to i love Shed 7 and the best song is 'Getting Better' the 'Speakeasy' song sounds quite familiar off the link advert (phone advert) there all brilliant tracks and normally on a album theres loads that i have to skip but i can listen to them all (probably because there all singles) a well worth buy!
on 10 January 2014
Think i have Blown one of the speakers in the car blasting this out, takes me back to my 20's and you forget how many great songs this band had.
on 19 September 2013
I heard a friend of mine listening to Shed 7, so decided to get hold of some of their music. Very pleased with their distinctive sound.
on 31 October 2015
Amazing album by a brilliant band that took me back to my younger, carefree days! I've even managed to get the kids to like it! Fab!
on 2 September 2013
Every track on it is great, don't know why I didn't buy the album sooner. Really enjoying listening to it over and over again.
on 19 April 2013
Every bit as good as I remember. Bought in order to replace old CDs.
Would also recommend to new 'guitar music' fans.