Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 24 May 2003
This is a truly excellent CD of nursery rhymes for children. The singers have great voices and the musical backing for each song is varied and well thought-through. Our 2-year-old loves every minute of it, and we find we can tolerate hearing it over and over again without the sort of pain you get with most song compilations for children. There are 40 songs so it lasts a long time, making it great value for money. We strongly recommend it - especially to anyone making long car trips with children!
on 22 January 2006
What more is there to say? The songs are bursting with energy, the accompaniment is good (real musical instruments, not horrible electronic music), the songs are well and clearly sung... A great buy!
The only thing I regret is that the lyrics have not been printed out. OK, so they are classics, but it would still be good to have the words to sing along to. As I want to do printouts for my ESL classes, I've had to find the lyrics myself and check they matched the CD version, which has been a drag. For all those interested in the original lyrics and especially the (sometimes gory) origins of our beloved nursery rhymes, I strongly recommend you check out the following website: [...]
11 Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2006
I am extremely picky about music CDs and DVDs for children, perhaps as I am a musician myself, but we've been listening to this CD for over a year and have not got sick of it. The instrumentation is varied, as are the pacing and the styles of the songs. The sound quality is nice and natural and the performances spirited and fun. I would recommend it to anyone.
on 16 March 2004
I ordered this CD for my 2 year old daughter, and it hasn't been out of the CD player since it arrived.
All the favourite kiddies nursery rhymes are here, all sung very well..and with proper English accents rather than American!
Unfortunatly Amazon do not contain a track listing, but just do a google search on B0000256JC as it is listed on plenty of websites :-)
Buy this title with confidence. You, or rather your Children, will not regret it!
on 18 March 2005
It is indeed a brilliant CD. I was a bit wary in case the songs got annoying but I loved it more than my son. It was amazing how all the words came flooding back from when I was little. I was singing along in no time. Well worth it.
on 15 December 2005
Simply put, this CD is enjoyable for your child, bearable with repetition for the parents, and composed professionally. Accents are British sounding, and the recording is good enough.
on 2 February 2004
My two-year old niece can't stop dancing when we play this CD - it's the one way to guarantee a smile and to keep tantrums at bay. Luckily the songs are short and easy to listen to, so adults are able to tolerate it too. I've even heard a few singing along! We now find that we need to buy copies for home, for the car, for the childminders...
on 21 February 2006
The musical instruments on this CD are mainly an accordian and a guitar which gives it a very folky sound. The vocals are mostly sung by a male singer who sounds like a cross between Rolf Harris and a corny pub singer - and when he puts on his mockney accent - it all gets too much! I have previously bought a CD from M&S (Playground Songs and Rhymes) which is beautiful to listen to and really puts this CD in the shade. However, I have given it a generous 2 stars as a couple of the songs are not too bad, and I am hoping that my daughter will grow to like it even if I can't listen to it!
on 7 July 2008
This is the 4th Cd I've bought for baby - and about time I got one this appropriate. Fantastically normal - not folky, operatic or weirdly modern - sung by normal voices with a bit of character for each song. Listened to it loads already and still not annoyed in the slightest.
on 17 November 2006
My baby likes listening to music but this one does nothing for him. The songs are very dull and they really start to get on your nerves after a very short while. Although it is not expensive it is still not worth the money.