Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 August 2012
This has to be the best version of Fame - The Musical. It includes a great cast.
Starring Richard Dempsey, Gemma Wardle, Marcus D' Cruze and 60's soul legend Miquel Brown.
Although for Mp3 downloader's note track 5 There She Goes/Fame is not the full. As I have
the album and the song runs about 4 Minutes 25 Seconds.
on 17 March 2005
i have been to see fame twice and everytime it gets better i recommend getting the cd because you can feel the energy of the performers and hard work is a great happy energitc song. If youve seen the musical get the cd like i am going to !!!
on 15 January 2001
If you have seen the show of this CD ( Which is currently playing at Victoria Palace theatre, London until September 29th) this is the CD for you.
I have seen the show twice and also had the pleasure of playing Tyrone in an amature production. This CD is great because if you know the show, you can really get into it.
All I can say is that this recording comes across and shows you what the creactor was hoping to achieve - Energy. The best track on this CD has to be Hardwork as it has an excellent tune and energy.
Just buy it, that's all I can say!!!!
on 26 November 2000
If you've seen the musical then you'll probably not need my recommendation, but this album is highly catchy and happymaking. It is a little cliched, involving such one-liners as 'make it a rollercoaster ride up to a star', but on the whole, it is a very feel-good album which makes you want to turn up the volume and sing out loud. It makes you want to pretend you are in the show, and the Theme Track 'There she goes/Fame' is excactly what you would expect, highly catchy, fast moving, and it has a very star-struck feeling to it.
I would not recommend this album to anyone who has not seen the musical, as you have to have seen it to appreciate it to the full, but if you have heard of the Fame school, then it is definitely worth it, and makes you want to sing out loud and dance about.
I gave it 4 out of 5 because you totally have to have seen the show to get the tracks, but for the more sensible ones who have got up off their chairs and gone to the theatre, it is definitely worth it.
If there's no-one in the house and you feel like getting hyper, then put on the Fame Soundtrack on as loud as it will go, and pretend you're there, its totally worth it!
on 9 May 2011
I bought this OCR because I fancied revisiting some nostalgia.
I obviously was used to the Broadway version, because in comparison this CD is terrible.
The recording quality is poor, the acting and and singing is incredibly weak.
The band is great, if not as bright as the American version, but because of the above reasons, it's so difficult to enjoy.
I would say that if you are not familiar with Fame the Musical, personally, I would recommend downloading/buying the American version as it is 90% better and has much more of a spark and the cast thoroughly encompass their characters.
The US version is also 100% more funky.
Please, please, please, compare the versions for yourself before purchasing, the US version is on Itunes or the American Amazon.
on 20 March 2005
Ive seen the musical many times and each time was more amazing then the one before. I am lucky to be in the chorus in an amateur production at the moment and have also had the privilege of working with some of the cast members including the character Tyrone. All the songs are magnificent but the 2 that stand out for me are Hard Work and Bring on Tomorrow. They have such energy which is so inspiring thats why I love it so much. So my message to you is to just go and BUY IT OR YOU DEFINITELY WILL BE MISSING OUT!!!!!!!!
on 27 July 2003
I have been to see the west end musical Fame, 4 times and it seems to get better everytime, it is purely magical, I have also had the privilege of being in the chorus in an amateur production of this musical and I have met a few cast members! The CD is a great memory of one of the worlds best loved musicals, especially the song Hard Work, because it is not only inspiring for me but it is a really catchy song! The energy in the show was amazing and that is also reflected in this CD and thats why I love it! Its a CD you won't want to turn off and the lyrics will be in your head for weeks! GO AND SEE THIS MUSICAL AND BUY THE CD, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!
on 7 August 2010
Now, to be fair, this album may well be a 'grower' but at first and second listening, it's dire! I was an 80s 'Fame!' fan and thought I'd love the stage show music, but to me, it was dreadful. Sorry. No offence meant, and I'm sure many, many other people will love it!
on 18 October 2015
As a lover of musicals I brought this to help me with some research about the stage production. It is not a bad album but I do prefer the content and songs from the film and TV more.
on 29 June 2013
Great Disc at a great price with sensational delivery time! Brilliant alternative take on the original 'Fame' plot!!! Haven't stopped listening to this cd.