Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

on 14 February 2009
This is probably one of the best selections of children's music and I've listened to this endlessly with my two sons, not always willingly, but still this album is not hard work and you can sing along in your own unique way - try and learn the words to Miss Molly Had A Dolly; and Dingle Dangle Scarecrow (this latter one is quite hard!). Personal favourite is 'She'll be coming round the mountain', closely followed by 'Five Little Monkeys Bouncing on the Bed'.
Songs included are: 1) She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain; 2) Five Little Men in a Flying Saucer; 3) When Goldilocks went to the house of the bears; 4) Five Little Monkeys bouncing on the bed; 5) Miss Molly had a dolly; 6) The wise man built his house upon a rock; 7) Five little speckled frogs; 8) Dingle Dangle Scarecrow; 9) Roly Poly; 10) The Grand Old Duke of York; 11) Bananas in Pyjamas; 12) Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes; 13)Incy Wincy Spider; 14) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; 15) Baa baa, Black sheep; 16) Music Man; 17) Old Macdonald; 18) If you're happy and you know it; 19) There was a man lived in the moon; 20) In a cottage in a wood; 21) The wheels on the bus; 22) The big ship sails on the alley alley o; 23) One man went to mow; 24) Sing a rainbow; 25) Daisy, Daisy; 26) Oh I do like to be beside the seaside; 27) ABC song; 28) Row, row, row your boat, 29) Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star; 30) Animal Fair.
Go on, press the purchase button and get singing with your children - it's a cheerful, happy present for them and for you!
on 30 July 2016
this has the same amusement value as all the other childrens choice cd
on 17 March 2017
All the old favourites. Promptly delivered. Thank you!
on 10 December 2001
These are funny, nostalgic, occasionally irreverant songs which my son (2) asks for in preference to TV and which transport me back to my toddlerhood. If you could do with a break from electronic/jingly/silly-voice/cutesy/character-based children's music then you'll probably enjoy Wally Whyton's contribution to the box set. We never listen to the third one (mainly Petula Clark) but that's not to say it's not good.
on 2 September 2003
I got a gift of a Wally Whyton album as a kid and loved it. I remember simging along to all the old favourites plus a few songs only my siblings and I seemed to know like the Big Ship Sails on the Alley O. I went looking for it on the web a few decades later for my child and I re-realise it's great. So many kids compilations are limp and banal. This is a pleasure for parents and kids alike packed with dozens of familiar songs, lovely melodies and the wonderful warm and melodious voice of Wally Whyton.
on 2 August 2010
I grew up with Wally Whyton, and so did my children, so I was thrilled to know that his beautiful voice was still accessible. Utterly lovely.
on 28 March 2009
I had this as an LP of Whally Whyton singing with Pussy Cat Willum - except the cat never sang a word! I played it to death as a child and am SO happy to find the songs here again. Wish I'd had it in time to play to my daughter, but though she's now too old to enjoy them, I look forward to reliving my childhood in the early 60s again!
on 6 January 2013
I purchased this for my 3 year old grandaughter, and she loves it, there are quite a lot of songs she is familiar with, and sings along. It is the best CD I have found so far, and would strongly recommend. Very pleased with purchase.
on 15 August 2012
Wally Whyton was a founder member of the Vipers Skiffle Group and cut these albums of Nursery Rhymes in the 60s.2 of the CDs are of these while the 3rd one is a few songs by Pet Clark plus a couple of real rareities by Carol Deene which never turned up either on her album or any of the singles.It would be interesting to know where these came from but it wasn't from the 5 labels she appeared on.
Of the 2 songs she does a version of Ronnie Hilton's Windmill in Old Amsterdam
on 14 May 2010
I used to listen to these songs on records when I was young, I tried to convert them from the orginals recently but they too crackly - so happy to find these cd's - my 2 year old already loves them and dances and claps along to them.