Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 June 2011
At last Ozzy and Randy's albums have been released with some added extras and the original bass and drum tracks from Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley put back in the mix. Finally youger rockers can hear these classic albums how they where supposed to sound and its about time too!!! The bass and drums sound so warm and the guitar feels more prominent than I remember on the original recordings but I am not complaining about that, it is Randy Rhoads after all!!! I love this album so much and Randy's playing is stellar throughout and the fact that Ozzy still plays many of these tracks live is testament to the brilliance of the playing and writing throughout. Too many favourites too mention here and there is no such thing as a bad Randy Rhoads song or solo the man was a genius. How can you argue with Mr Crowley, I Don't Know, Suicide Solution, Revelation Mother Earth, Dee and Goodbye To Romance. The extra tracks are great too - Looking At Me Looking At You was on the last remasters of these cd's but sounds so much better with the original bass and drum tracks. A real gem is the extra track is Goodbye To Romance guitar and vocal mix which is a version of this song with just Ozzy's vocal and Randy's guitar and this highlights what a gorgeous song this was, and the solo remains one of my favourites of all time!! The last extra track is called RR and is a recording of Randy playing some solos and riffs in the studio. This was very illuminating and a real treat for Randy fans like me. If you have never heard this cd or Diary of A Madman then this is the time to buy them. Thanks Ozzy for writing the wrongs of the previous versions of these releases and finally doing justice to rock musics greatest ever guitarist!! Ps my only gripe is that the expensive box set edition of these releases is the only one with the dvd documentary included and as any stuff by Randy is very rare I would love to see this released seperately!! RIP Randy
on 17 March 2016
I bought the original vinyl when it came out, and also went to see the Oz ay Hammersmith Odeon. As a callow youth it was great entertainment, but what I remembered was a song he played live that wasn't on the lp. Now much to surprise it's an extra track on the CD, allowing me to hear it again for the second time some 35 years later. I remembered the song pretty well, and though the version here is not as dynamic, it holds up quite well. In fact the whole album does, despite my tastes changing a fair bit over the years. I guess a lot of these tracks (Suicide solution being a standout) are pretty iconic.
Ozzy Osbourne released his debut solo album in 1980 and it has since went on to become an all-time classic album in the eyes of many. It contains a lot of great material and grows on you with each listen.

The album is one of only two studio albums with the late Randy Rhodes on board as the guitarist. Randy's guitar playing is the stuff of legends as I'm sure you've already heard if you like this kind of music.

Blizzard Of Ozz features the classic tracks `Crazy Train,' `Suicide Solution,' and `Mr Crowley,' all of which are essential listening for any Ozzy fan. The album is also strong as a whole, with great rocking tracks like `I Don't Know,' and `No Bone Movies,' keeping the album's energy up alongside a few softer moments for variety.

The album is strong in terms of songwriting, a masterpiece guitar-wise and Ozzy's excellent vocals have rarely sounded better. Overall, Blizzard Of Ozz is definitely a must have album for Ozzy fans.

This 2011 expanded edition of the album does not come with linear notes or a DVD, but thankfully does feature the original performance by the original musicians remastered to the highest quality. This is not the version where Mike Bordin and Rob Trujillo were made to overdub the original rhythm section out of the mix. Furthermore, there is the bonus tracks 'RR,' and 'You Looking At Me, Looking At You,' in addition to an alternative version of the ballad 'Goodbye To Romance.'

If you want to listen to Blizzard Of Ozz, this is a great way to do it.
on 22 August 2011
This album is what Heavy Metal was and is all about. Ozzy's comeback from the Sabbath couldn't have been better positioned and the album introduced the world to the immense talent of Randy Rhoads. His guitar tone on this album is huge and his playing continues to inspire. What is special about this album are the song's melodies and hooks. Whether I am just stuck in a timewarp, but it always amazes me that I always turn to past glories since very little new music inspires me as a guitar player.
on 4 January 2003
This has to be one of the classic heavy metal albums of all time. It has everything a good one needs, and then some. Not only is Ozzy voice at its best in songs such as Mother Earth (Revalation) and Mr Crowley, Randy Rhoads, one of the best guitarists ever in my opinion, adds his distictive touch to all the songs, especially Suicide Solution (this is amazing live, the MP3 is available on KaZaA). This is an amazing album all round, I recommend it.
We miss you Randy, but we'll never forget your skill wit the axe. RIP, Randy RHhods.
on 24 January 2002
At his lowest ebb, Ozzy was handed a twelfth hour outlet for his unique talent after the sad demise of the original Sabbath. In Randy Rhodes he unearthed a guitar great to rival Eddie Van Halen in his impact on rock music. Stopping for breath only for the 'ballad' "Goodbye to Romance" the album is unrelenting in it's ferocity. Many pretenders to the throne would kill for tracks like "Suicide Solution", "I Don't Know" and "Mr Crowley". If you love Heavy Rock/Metal (or any sub-genre you wish to attach) you MUST own this.
on 10 June 2013
With Ozzy's current iconic status and high profile, it might be hard to imagine that 33 years ago 'Blizzard of Ozz' could have made or broken his career. Since his sacking by Black Sabbath in 1979, his former band had gone on to release one of the classic heavy metal albums in the form of 'Heaven and Hell' and the pressure was on Osbourne.

Fortunately for both he and music fans, Ozzy had 'discovered' former Quiet Riot guitarist Randy Rhoads - the legend has it he was instantly recruited when a drunken Ozzy heard him tuning up - and this pairing helped produce a record that took Osbourne's career to a new level.

The 2011 re-issues thankfully restore the original rhythm sections recordings, and add a couple of extra bonus tracks. Some of the production does sound a little dated, but that doesn't take away from the quality of the record and Rhoad's amazing guitar work.
on 15 July 2000
The classic Ozzy album,the first to feature guitarist Randy rhodes.The album is so strong that most of of the materal remains in his live set today.From opening song "I dont know." To the closing "Steal away the night." Every song is a head bangers delight. Also features the anthmatic "Crazy train." The closing song in his live set for most of his solo career.Its still Ozzys favorite album and with songs like "Mr Crowley,Suicide soulution,Goodbye to romanace." And of course "Crazy train." Its easy to see why.If you like rock music you'll love this.Buy!
on 12 May 2013
I don't really need to comment on the musical content do I? The original recording of this album is still a regular on my play list. Hence the 5 stars. However, this is based on the assumption that you buy the original recording and not the re-recorded version.
I own the original LP on vinyl (signed by the band outside Birmingham Odeon, except for Lee Kerslake). I also own the re-recorded version as I wanted a CD copy and at the time there was no alternative and there appeared to be no chance of getting one.
Thankfully, the thirtieth anniversary has meant a re-issue of the ORIGINAL RECORDING. All I can suggest is that you make sure you are getting what you think are - "Re-recorded" suggests that it is the Trujillo/Bordin version whereas I believe "Original recording" suggests; well, just that. At least I hope so as I'm just about to order it again - that will be three versions of it that I own. It must be good!!!
The problem with this and Diary Of A Madman is that it can be very difficult to be 100% certain until you get the thing in your hands. The reviews seem to have been applied to all versions of the same CD so these cannot be used as a guide. This demonstrates that someone at Amazon does not understand what musical anoraks some of us are! A bit like my wife! Please don't tell her about the third version bit.
on 27 September 2013
This is THE Ozzy Album, where I'm concerned. Who isn't on top form throughout the whole album? It's always made its way off the shelf to be played, like my go-to album when I need something and nothing else will do. Now I've renewed aging vinyl and cd in one move with the expanded edition.
If ever anyone needed a recommendation of where to start with Ozzy, this is THE ONE. The real bonus is Randy's playing, and you can wonder what could've been.