Customer reviews

Trouble Is
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 March 2017
A fine blues album like a cross between Stevie Ray and Joe bonamassa, I can see if why it stayed in the charts for so long, in the 90s this was groundbreaking stuff.
on 31 October 2017
Great product
on 19 June 2000
"Trouble Is" makes a nice change in the world of both rock and blues. The tracks vary from good to bad, but the guitarist is always on fine form. "Blue On Black" and "I Found Love..." are exceptional tracks and display KWS's ability to play guitar. The title track only furthers this comment. There are slight problems which are inevitable. (The Jimi Hendrix cover sounds a little too much like Hendrix's original, especially vocal-wise.)
Overall, the album is very good with some much-needed uniqueness. A triumph to KWS who certainly knows how to rock.
on 24 February 2013
From the opening song to the last you cant fault this album,if you like rock/blues look no further I only found Kenny Wayne Shepherd last year{2012} while brousing through on amazon and this is the 3rd album Ive bought so far,the quality of songs is amazing,and such a young guy,just a teenager back in the 90s when this album came about.Would be nice if he crossed the water and paid us a visit,would love to see a live show,blue on black --what a song and so many on here you will get to know on this one of my favourite albums in my collection.
on 28 May 2011
Ever since listening to this album I've become a KWS addict, listening to everything I can of his. I didn't think anyone could match up to Joe Bonamassa, but get hold of this album and see what you think. Can anyone tell me if the Special Edition of "Live! In Chicago" is available on CD in the UK? Constant searches just bring up the mp3 downloads.
on 16 January 2000
This great album fuses the best of rock and blues. Noah Hunt's deep growling vocals are the perfect compliment to Kenny Wayne Shepherd's Clapton/Hendrix like guitar playing. The song Blue on Black alone is worth the album price - but the whole album is great. There are no "album filler" tracks here.
on 4 November 2016
I live in South Africa so have to import most of my music as the mainstream music outlets here don't have much in the way of Blues (If anything at all!). I enjoy Tony Joe White, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Doyle Bramhall 11, Jonny Lang, Walter Trout, Seasick Steve, Gary Clark Jr---just to name a few. Every now and then I take a chance and buy something from an artist that I have never heard of. "Trouble Is" is one awesome CD---I absolutely loved it. So much that I have two more CD's from Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band on order. The guitar work was great and I couldn't find a track that I didn't like. So glad he is young as this guarantees lots more in years to come.
on 24 September 2012
Bought this CD second hand from the US and it is real bargain.

I really like the combination of Noah Hunt's rich vocals with KWS's excellant guitar work.

Particular favourites of mine are Blue on Black, Everything is Broken, Somehow, Somewhere, Someday, I Found Love etc & King's Highway but there are no weak tracks here and it is a very good album.

I regularly listen to the album and a great precursor to "How I Go"
on 1 May 2016
There are some fabulous blues tracks on this album, but True Lies for me is the clear standout. It's one of those albums that needs something extra, as it gets a bit samey samey after a while. Well worth a listen though.
on 3 March 2016
Yet another superb offering from the new Prince of the blues ( Walter Trout being the King).