Customer reviews

Gloria!
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 August 2012
I have liked Gloria for her music, voice and the way the lady is. This is a really upbeat dance album and I love it. Her voice not only handles music from her home in cuba, 80's music but also brings accross the need to pick up the beat and dance. brilliant
on 4 September 2013
Really good album, songs not heard before but in true Latin-American style great not having the blank spaces between tracks
on 8 October 2015
excellent album Gloria as good as always
on 30 December 2014
Always good to listen to.
on 2 November 2014
Great
on 3 June 2013
Gloria Estefan is always good to listen to but somehow the choice of songs on this CD are not as good as some of her other ones.
on 7 June 2018
This album is truly a masterpiece. I will admit, I was only really into Gloria's solo albums Cuts Both Ways and Into The Light. After this my musical taste steered more towards r’n’b. Fast forward 20 years and new music is such dross I decided to fall in love with Gloria all over again-and this album certified that for me.

For me, it’s as consistent as a classic album like Dangerous by Michael Jackson. But better. I challenge you to find a weak moment on this long player!

It is absolutely the most PERFECT listen in any gym cardio session. Banger after banger!

Hard to say my absolute faves but do get goosebumps every time with Feelin’, Don’t Stop, Lucky Girl and Don’t Let This Moment End. That’s a lot of goosebumps!

It’s like a non stop carnival and should be immortalised with it’s own episode on RuPauls Drag Race in my opinion!
on 24 April 2000
The great thing about Gloria Estefan is that EVERY album is different from the previous one - "gloria!" was made with the intention of being a dance album from start to finish. If you listen to Gloria's superb back catalogue you'll know that she is the queen of ballads, but she also likes to party - in a career spanning over 20 years, she has never released an album of entirely dance tracks - the previous reviewer mentioned that he liked the "Destiny" album, which is great, but if an artist releases the same style of album all the time, fans will get bored. I suggest he listens to more than one Gloria Estefan album to appreciate the diversity of this very talented performer. Stand out tracks are "Heaven's What I Feel", "Oye", "Don't Let This Moment End", "Touched By An Angel" and the wonderful, heartfelt "Cuba Libre" - and why shouldn't there be remixes and Spanish versions for Gloria's Latin fans? This IS the sound of Gloria Estefan - here's looking forward to "Alma Caribenas" and even more Gloria albums to come!
4 people found this helpful
on 20 December 2000
Gloria Estefan has outdone herself on producing this, possibly the best of all her albums. I have most of her albums, and this by far is my favourite. This album is a good one for people who have not really experienced Gloria before or since the 80's. "Heaven's what I feel" provides a good blend of modern pop, latin beat and music from the heart. "Don't release me" is more modern, and my favourite "Cuba Libre" is a song which uses Gloria's best brand of Latin style. I would recommend this album to everybody, because it has something for everybody. Gloria has her usual Spanish remixes of songs towards the end of the album. Some people avoid them, but I think that they provide a wonderful contrast. They convey the fact that Gloria still is a cuban at heart, and that she wants to go back there one day when it is free (Cuba Libre).
3 people found this helpful
on 9 March 2010
Beginning this feel good song selection " Heaven's what I feel " is a fitting start to an amazing up beat C.D. which has the feel good factor from start to finish. Muchas Gracias Gloria por eso and I hope one day you can indeed return to your native homeland of Cuba but thank you for including some amazing salsa beat songs amongst this selection of musical gems for everyone to enjoy !
One person found this helpful