Carols from King's
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 January 2016
Love it
on 24 January 2015
Just a nice way to relax and think about Christmas, friends and families
on 6 February 2015
V Good.
on 7 December 2007
Having just heard the CD, I am warmed by the quality of ALL the tracks, the singing is beautiful and sung so professionally.
If you are looking for a traditional Carol CD, then I would definately recommend this one,
0Comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 December 2016
Been listening to kings college choir every christmas for many years and gave a friend my kings college choir CD because they loved it so i bought myself a new one. Many shops have been playing christmas songs since october but i always wait until december to listen to christmas tunes and every year when i hear kings college christmas carols i always get tingles down my spine and goose bumps because I know it will be christmas soon which instantly lifts my mood and gets into the christmas spirit. The voices on this CD are absolutely superb and everyone's favourite christmas carols that everyone sang at.school are on this CD so i highly recomend it.
on 19 October 2017
We expect King's to be excellent, particularly when David Willcocks is directing. That being the case, this lives right up to expectations.
All the classics are there, ditto most of the great Willcocks arrangements with which we are so familiar. That said, there are one or two lesser known works and they simply add to the mix.
Anyone who loves Christmas, and in particular the music of the season, will love this.
The price is unbelievable, too - so much of a steal that I almost felt like handing myself in.
Buy this, light the fire, dim the lights, pour a warming drink and savour the pure delight of it all.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 December 2013
December 2014. I downloaded this from Amazon last year, but it was only as I was enjoying it yesterday that I realised I still hadn't reviewed it - Perhaps that reflects the seasonal nature of this album? But I want to rectify my ommission, because I think this is a truly superb collection. I have been lucky enough to attend both the service recorded for TV in early December (subsequently shown on BBC2), and the inimitable Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols transmitted live from King's College Chapel on Radio 4, without which Christmas Eve just doesn't seem complete in our house. This album recreates the special atmosphere perfectly!! The 25 tracks cover the "must-have" carols performed every year, as well as some of the finest specially commissioned works. My advice? If you are tempted by this, hesitate no more! Get it!! Then curl up in a favourite armchair with a glass of mulled wine, perhaps a warm mince-pie or two, and ENJOY!! Happy Christmas!!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 November 2017
Simply superb just as good as Carols From Kings that BBC 2 show on Christmas Eve well pleased with the quality of the recording on this disc really puts one in the mood for this coming Christmas.
on 10 February 2010
As usual delivery was as predicted.

This CD contains traditional and modern carols together with Kings College Choir. At the price, including posatge, you can't go wrong.

A good buy.Carols from King's
on 5 December 2016
At best mediocre. Their rendition of "It came upon a midnight Clear" is the worst I have ever heard. If you want a great Christmas choral CD don't buy this one - go for Trinity College or St John's instead.