Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 March 2017
Good album .
on 30 November 2010
this CD has a great selection of tracks from the late 70s and early 80s.
tracks include THE JAM classic ETON RIFLES, THE UNDERTONES- TEENAGE KICKS, ELVIS COSTELLO - OLIVER'S ARMY, PSYCHEDELIC FURS - PRETTY IN PINK, TOM ROBINSON- 2,4,6,8 MOTORWAY, VAPORS- TURNING JAPANESE, ADAM ANT- ANTMUSIC, and more iconic tracks of the period.
the ideal CD to listen to while driving, takes you right back !!!!
on 4 March 2017
Appears to be a photocopied inner sleeve
on 26 September 2003
i had this on cassete when it first came out all them years ago the sound of the suburbs reminds me of all the saturday nights i had when i was a kid listening to my babysitters records she was into all the classic punk and newave bands from the jam to blondie the teardrop explodes to the members a must for all fans of the late 70's early 80's music
on 19 December 2001
I bought this CD second hand and it has to be one of the best buys I'veever made. This album brings together punk and new wave classics, and acts as a great introduction to the music from the late 1970s/early 1980s. It even reminds me of a time I wasn't even alive in, and that can only be a good thing. Anyone interested in music from this era should start with this album, and see how great music was back then. Even if you don't like all the tracks, I guarantee that 'Another Girl Another Planet' will become one of your favourite songs ever.
If you were born in the mid 1960's this CD will perfectly recreate your teens. A wonderfully diverse collection of raw, sometimes violent, always powerful tunes. I must've listened to this CD (and previously the tape) more than any other I own. GET IT !!!!
on 11 December 2016
This album is absolutely brilliant. Only downside is that it finishes too quickly for my liking. Love all the tracks except one, Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've), which I find repetitive. I'm assuming a lot of people disagree with me, judging by how often Absolute Radio play that particular track. For me to find a compilation album where I love all the tracks except one is unheard of, so well done whoever compiled it. If I was choosing a Pogues song I would probably have chosen Dirty Old Town but the one that they have selected, Pretty In Pink, is fine. They chose a live version of The Stranglers and No More Heroes, which makes reference to Lenny Bruce instead of Lenin, rather than the more common album version from the album of the same name. If you were growing up in the 70s or 80s, or love music from that era, then this album is highly recommended.
on 5 March 2014
Punchy collection of the edgy best from the era, a true history lesson for those that were not lucky enough to be going down the local youth club on a Friday night at the time.
on 9 March 2013
new wave and punk anthems a mix of great sounds love it something for everyone of that era excellent service again cheers
on 10 April 2014
Crank up the volume and enjoy! It's an excellent album for those maybe greying a little but still punk at heart.