Customer reviews

on 12 November 2007
This album is an absolute must for anyone born before 1982. I was born in 1980, and this album was engraved in my brain by my music loving father. I didn't realise how good it was until now...and i have scrambled to get it recently! It reminds me clearly of my mid 80's childhood Christmas' and lots of driving! It has elements of trad irish, rock, jazz and pop...all blended perfectly by Donal Lunny in that 80's style that is now extinct. The band consists of stars Christy Moore, Donal Lunny, and Davy Spillane. I never even realised that these legends collaborated until recently. Not only did they collaborate..they made more than 1 album together.
I would highly recommend this album to anyone with good taste in music.
on 12 May 2012
I am a fan of Christy Moore and Davey Spillane any way so this may be a biased review. I like this album it has an earthy quality to it and the combination of skilled musicians and Moore's great vocals make it easy on the ear.

There is a variety in the tracks some atmospheric and some traditional sounds. I like it, but then again as I said I am biased.
on 22 April 2015