Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£32.49+ £1.26 shipping

on 18 March 2017
Can't fault cd condition thank you very much!
on 10 July 2014
Not a bad album, I had never heard Pure Instincts, and was pleasantly surprised
on 8 August 2011
Wild Child ***
But The Best For You ***
Does Anyone Know ****(beautiful Lyrics!!!)
Stone In My Shoe **
Soul Behind The Face **
Oh Girl (I Wanna Be With You) ?
When You Came Into My Life *****
Where The River Flows **
Time Will Call Your Name ?
You And I ****
Are You The One? ***
She's Knocking at My Door ?
on 16 June 2009
this was a turning point for the scorps in the late 90s the album that followed this cd was a failure just cause they left what really made them the world all time fav band,
this cd has it all it got the hard rockers and more then one love song and ballads
i got this cd as a gift back in the day when this cd was a new relaese thats back in 96
back then and i'm from the arab world finding this cd was a hell trip we had the tapes everywhere and the pics was censored which i hate then my bro when he was on his way to jordan to have an operation bought it for me the thing was that i asked him to buy it from duty free to have it with its pics which was a hard thing to find but my kool bro found it then he came back and brought it with him and he had given it to me as a gift ;) i still have this copy with me and i hate that my wifes cd player had put some minor scratchs on it :(
on 20 July 2012
To me this is filled with a few greats and then alot of average songs and too many ballads. Way too many. But this is still a good scorps release. I liked the next one alot better though.
on 27 August 2004
A truly magnificent work by the Scorpions, Klaus Meine once again delivers ballads that can send shivers down any fans spine, for me this is a must buy for any scorpions fan and anyone whos never gave them a listen, start here
on 20 September 2014
Bought this for my son, not as heavy as some Scorpions albums, but nevertheless, great songs from a great band and one of the best singers on the planet. Long live Klaus Meine.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2007
The nadir of Scorpions studio albums, `Pure Instinct' wallows in a pit of mediocrity that leaves the long-term fan holding his head in despair. Other than Klaus Meine's distinctive vocals, there is very little on this album that would lead you to believe it's the same band that released such classics as `Lovedrive' and `Blackout'.
Are those bagpipes that herald the opening number, `Wild Child'? I can't believe one of them came up with such a ridiculous idea. And `Wild Child' itself is so utterly average it wouldn't have been fit as a single b-side a few years previous. Things actually manage to go downhill from here, until the fourth track, `Stone in My Shoe', which has a lively feel and a pleasant, catchy rhythm. If only it was an indication of better things to come. Alas, `Soul Behind the Face' is a bland, soulless number and `Oh Girl' nothing short of appalling. Beyond these, most of the remaining five tracks fail to contain anything of merit; indeed, it's hard to believe the band could be so devoid of inspiration when they recorded these songs. Only the ballad `You and I' has a modicum of appeal with its affable, chilled-out groove (though at over six minutes it's maybe a tad lengthy).
I want to award the album two stars purely because it's the Scorpions and they remain my favourite band. But even this loyal fan's heart cannot tolerate such a pitiful excuse for a rock record. Unless you intend to purchase the entire band catalogue, `Pure Instinct', is a Scorpions studio album you should most definitely avoid.
44 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 September 2016