Customer reviews

on 26 January 2015
You can never go wrong with Gerry Rafferty. This album is a combination of new songs, some old songs from Gerry's period with The Humblebums (=Billy Connolly) and Stealers Wheel, and two covers. Perhaps is that jigsaw also the albums weakness - I feel a bit mixed when listening. One by one, these songs are excellent and I especially appreciate the new songs: Bajan Moon, The Waters of Forgetfulness (what a pearl!) and the up beat The Girl's Got No Confidence, allegedly about Linda Thompson.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 November 2013
I love everything GR has done, this purchase was to replace a lost tape. Same style as Baker Street. Love the voice
on 23 October 2014
Not my favourite Rafferty album, but it does grow on you after a few hearings. I think he became a lot more religious in his later years and this shows in his song-writing. Unfortunately that sort of thing is not my cup of tea and I prefer songs from the heart rather than mumbo jumbo.
on 1 July 2013
For those collecting the works of Rafferty, you have to have it. A pop genius, whose life was cut short by alcoholism. What else might he have given us? So sad.
on 11 February 2015
Did he ever make a bad album the man was a genius standout track Her Father Didn't Like Me Anyway .....beautiful
on 1 January 2014
I've been a fan of Gerry Rafferty for a long time, this album is one of my favourites he put so much feeling into his songs he
was great song writer.
on 12 May 2014
I have enjoyed Rafferty's music for a long time and his style was always polished to perfection on the production side of the albums which an audiophile like me will always appreciate. I know that music of this quality is a treat for your ears.
on 14 January 2015
just bought this cd....another winner from the late great gerry rafferty Always been a fan of him and this cd is right up at the top. the track This girl has no confidence is superb.....cannot stop playing this c.d.
on 18 March 2015
love this album, been looking for it for ages, now have it will get a lot of play
on 20 August 2014