Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 June 2011
These Days was the peak of Bon Jovi's recorded work. It was recorded in the midst of the grunge era and the band were most definately not the cool choice in music anymore. They responded with their most mature album, building on the social commentary that Keep The Faith began. Its a stripped down no nonsense record, mature in style and in places startlingly honest and lyrically dark.

The album is full of gems. Hey God with its signature Sambora riff and lyrics questioning faith, the musically upbeat and infectious Something For The Pain, the title track These Days, Damned which deals with an adulterous relationship, the awesome My Guitar Lies Bleedin In My Arms and the dark and brooding Something To Believe In are the standout tracks but that is by no means a reflection on the rest of the record as it is all top drawer stuff. The band are faultless throughout and this was the last record where Jons voice was 100% perfect.It was also the first Bon Jovi album without all five original members, bass player Alec John Such having left the band in 1994.

The band reverted to their poppier side for their following album Crush and have only recently recovered such dark lyrical ground with 2008s Lost Highway. This album also gets a raw deal as the songs tend to be played less frequently on their tours which is a real shame. In my opinion Bon Jovi have never bettered this record, compared to the rest of their work its out there on its own and its refreshing because of that. Buy it, discover it. You will not be disapointed.
on 8 July 2016
I am a big bon jovi fan and so is my mum. I was listening to my previous album I had of these days and my mum realised that it was missing the song 'all I want is everything' which the band missed off the remastered version. I love the song 'all I want is everything' so instantly went to buy this version instead which has it. I have no idea why they decided to not include it in the remastered version, but I would thoroughly recommend this version of the CD to all customers! The CD arrived quickly and without any damage.
on 6 September 2001
Definitly one of there best albums i love and never stop playing it the lyrics are often very touching and the music is just great if you ain't got it yet get it its worth every penny. Just great!!!!!!!
on 16 April 2001
This albulm reflects the maturity of the band and how they have progressed musically. It is an album which captures different levels of emotions, from a very upbeat and in your face song like "Hey god" to a very downbeat and deep song, like "as my guitar lies bleeding in my arms". These days is an album where the music reflects some of the social aspects of life especially in the title track. This album is totally different to what I expected and I was pleasentley suprised to hear a new sound from the New Jersey boys! There is still the Springsteen and Southside Jonny influences appearing which shows they have not lost there roots. Check out Richies guitar solo in "Damned", its amazing! Quality album and well worth a listen.
on 11 April 2016
This is a very different album from their previous offerings - was kind of a bit of a downbeat/angsty album. But, having said that, this album has grown on me over the years and it does contain some great tracks.
on 16 November 2011
Bon Jovi's least successful album, though I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as their earlier work by any means, but it has enough memorable moments to recommend it to fans.

The band is more of an adult contemporary band in many areas here than the 80s hair rockers they were just a few albums before. But that's not a bad thing. There is still a collection of great, crunching rockers, such as "Hey God", "Something for the Pain" and "Damned". As well, there are some good love songs, "This Ain't a Love Song" and "Diamond Ring". But the best song is the story-telling, reflective "These Days".
on 11 June 2013
If that's what it takes
Diamond RingAll I want is everything
Bitter wine
on 24 October 2014
My copy of These Days is my most played album. It's scratched and falling apart because its been played so many times. It definitely stands above any of their other albums. Classic album that stands the test of time.
on 14 May 2015
some good songs but others sound like they are trying to be aerosmith or other bands..even a little boring at times..disappointing. Hey God is one of the best tracks.
on 17 March 2013
This is a brilliant cd. This is a replacement for one that got damaged. I would recommend this to anyone. So easy to order and very prompt delivery.