Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Foo Fighters Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 March 2010
i purchased this album by moby for the last track "when its cold i'd like to die" because it is featured in the sopranos and the lyrics reflect the struggle the main character tony soprano is facing,you have to buy the soprano's dvd to enjoy the full effect of the song and its meaning the rest of the cd is full of happy pop/house/ambience by moby,13 tracks in all feeling so real is also a moby classic,a must have for all fans of moby.
on 8 December 2006
I had always thought that "Play" was Mobys first album, but then came across this!

It is a good mixture of songs (some reason I love the heavy metal sound of "all I want is to be loved") but compaired to what came after this, it does not compare well to "Play", "18" and "Hotel" and has a kind of "just record it for the sake of it" feel, rather than have any real structure to it.

An album for the die-hard Moby fans... for anyone else just getting into his music, I would wait till after you get the 3 albums I mentioned above.
on 19 June 2014
you've got Hymn, God Moving Over The Waters When It's Cold I'd Like To Die and Into The Blue Beautiful then Feeling So Real, Everytime You Touch Me, Bring Back My Happiness and Anthem Happy Hardcore so a mix really then you've got First Cool Hive just Downtempo/Chillout
on 6 October 2001
I got married to this album, and love it inside and out. There are some beautiful chilled ambient tracks, some angry harder dance and some euphoric tracks that lift your soul. Everyone should have this in their record collection!
on 30 April 2009
bought this for the stunning songs hymn and god moving over the face of the waters, What a shocker to find a load of quality 90's dance thrown is as well its a strange but truely refreshing combination! what an album!
on 23 November 2006
Yup. This is simply the best Moby, from the untouchable "God Moving Over The Face Of Waters" to the angry "What Love" this album has it all.

It's an album which mixes his club roots and the ambient-ish electronica of "Porcelian'.

Basically this album rules and pointless club acts of today should take note at Moby: perhaps the ONLY superstar of Electronica.

9/10 Best Track Picks - "God Moving Over The Face Of Waters", "Feeling So Real", "Hymn", "First Cool Hive", "Into The Blue" and "When It's Cold I'd Like To Die'
on 8 June 2015
Almost gave this album four stars, a 1995 release before , for example, Play. I had mixed feelings about the album, and it made it hard to review-but i am humbled by Moby's talent- so I'll givre it my best. The opening track is called Hymn - instrumental- and I like this, track two is one of the better tracks also with female vocals; which I think work well with a lot of Moby's music. Not keen at all on track 3, male vocals hard to say if singing, or screaming- track 4 is only 38 seconds long! I thought it was the end of the track before. Track 5, not a bad tune with the vocals, but sounds dated, as does the next track - and a very energetic one too. I feel bad but I really do not like track 7, 'What Love' - but stick with this album- from now on it significantly improves, for me- and worthy of a 4 star rating at least.. Track 8 First Cool Hive- i do like this a good strong song(reminded me a bit of 'Play') , and the following two songs also good too. Track 11 is a little forgetfult- then we hear track 12 BRILLIANT! and beautiful, and i also really like the final track- the last two songs are more timeless and quite different to e.g track 5. Overall, i have to hand it to Moby however-musically, he is a genius. I would recommend this album-I'm glad i have it. *I HAD TO EDIT MY ORIGINAL REVIEW... THIS HAS BECOME A STRONG CONTENDER FOR MY FAVOURITE MOBY STUDIO ALBUM! I HAVE LISTENED TO IT SO MUCH, AND IT DESERVES 5/5! MY FAVOURITE TRACKS INCLUDE . FEELING SO REAL, TRACKS 5 AND 6, ANTHEM, ALL FASTER PACED, TO THE SLOWER PACED AND BEAUTIFUL WHEN IT'S COLD I'D LIKE TO DIE, GOD MIOVING OVER THE FACE OF WATERS... IN FACT THERE ARE IS ONLY ONE SONG I REALLY DON'T LIKE- AND THIS, FOR ME AN AMAZING ALBUM- PLEASE TRY IT IF YOU LIKE MOBY.... THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO THIS MUSICAL GENIUS THAN PLAY!*
on 19 August 2012
I love this cd i bought this on cassette in the early to mid nineties
and now on cd it still is fantastic
on 16 January 2000
How good is this man. Everything he doesis amazing but this surely is the pinacle. An album which moves from uplifting techno(feeling so real) to beautiful ambience(into the blue). This is an underrated classic.
on 13 June 2004
This cd has a taste of trance,classical,techno, and even heavy rock how amazing is that.As you can hear in each of the songs with like hymm,all that i need is to be loved,authems,hive etc.A masterfull experience of his pure talent.Maybe even garage mc in some of the songs.A very interesting album ive grewed to love.