Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 February 2016
This CD was bought for two reasons, the first being I love classical music and the second because I love film scores.

I originally bought this CD back in 1997 and believe me it’s been played a lot in the past, present and will be in the future.

The CD booklet has the track listing and is full of information other information about each piece, articles on the: - “Crouch End Festival Chorus”, “The City of Prague Philharmonic” and David Temple. So the booklet is extremely interesting to read.

The compositions on this CD and beautiful, dramatic and sinister. All the pieces are well orchestrated and enhance the choral work.

Some of the pieces are well known due to the popularity of the film and scene they appear in. Plus if you know the film well that the piece comes from when you hear the music you can see the scene from the film in your mind’s eye.

I love listening to the entire CD, but if you were to ask me if I’d a favourite I’d have to say yes. They are:-

Track 3 which is “Agnes Dei” from the film “The Scarlet Letter”, a truly haunting and emotional piece. :-)

Track 5 which is called “The Abyss”, (from the movie of the same name), this is very haunting as well as being beautiful. :-)

Track 10 which is “Suite from The Lion in Winter”, by the late and great John Barry, (I have a lot of his original scores from films on CD and cassette). :-)

Track 12 which is “Funeral and Finale” from a fantastic film called “The Vikings”, this music is haunting, emotional, beautiful and so powerful, (just like the film which is one of my old time favourites). :-)

Personally I love listening to this CD I find it relaxing and it helps to remove the stresses of the day. :-)
on 9 March 2011
A wonderful sound to fill the space around you.
Some of the tracks you may have heard in the cinema or via DVD.
Sophisticated sounds from the movies from the well tuned voice of choirs.
Rich in texture and worth the time taken in hearing this.
on 2 July 2014
Beautiful and relaxing.
on 11 June 2015
Super swift postage - a great item at a great price - a thoroughly recommended Amazon seller.
I most certainly will use again.
on 31 October 2016