Customer reviews

Almost Blue
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 September 2017
Probably my favourite Costello album. Full of feeling and emotion.
on 16 May 2014
Elvis Costello took time away from the Attractions, having established himself as a post-punk genius. This album is the result of time spent in Nashville working with some of the best production talent. The choice of ballads gives variety and interest. It is a very finely finished album and I challenge anyone not to love it.
on 10 September 2016
tops
on 15 November 2015
Perfect.
on 19 July 2010
Recently having seen Mr Costello in Glasgow(Royal Concert Hall) heard him doing his usual collection of wonderful songs, he played Psycho, this resulted in the purchase of this remixed CD from 94' but what a very pleasent surprise with the rest of the Disc.
on 15 October 2017
Elvis does country. An exceptional album from an exceptional artist.
on 23 April 2015
Thanks
on 16 December 2014
good as ever
on 4 October 2016
Amazon reviewer Rickey Wright must be totally off his tits. In his review he says "this album hasn't held up well, over the years". Rickey patently is neither a musician, a music fan, an informed critic - or even a jaded hack. To say what he aid is a completely uneducated stab at nothing. Compared to many C&W albums of all ilks this particular album has held up very well and indeed sounds as true and as relevant as it did when it was released. Costello was always well versed in the Country idiom; it shone from the first notes on his debut album release 'My Aim Is True'. This is an extremely well crafted record with accomplished musical and production performances throughout. It's also a massive tribute to those that influenced it's path - as well as being a genuine heartfelt gleaner on the way Costello was tumbling through his relationships with people and life in general at time. All good. All of it. Five stars is an understatement. Great record.
on 20 November 2000
I originally bought this album by accident 10 years ago. At the time I owned a couple of Elvis Costello albums and thought I was getting more of the same, however this is completely different. When I realised I'd bought a country album, I was initially disappointed, but after giving it a couple of listens it started to grow on me.
In the UK, "Good Year for thr Roses" and "Sweet Dreams" were released as singles and I think did fairly well.
I love both of the above tracks and particularly enjoy "Success", "I'm your toy" and "How much I lied".
EC's vocals have power and soul and both the musicianship and production have real quality.
The original album contained 12 tracks whereas this CD has 23. The extra tracks were recorded live in Aberdeen and London. As far as I am concerned the live stuff is padding, I just play the studio tracks.