Customer reviews

on 19 February 2013
This album contains some of the most breathtaking songs ever recorded ('De Cara A La Pared', 'El Desierto', 'El Payande'. 'Por Eso Me Quedo') mixed in with some hugely unconvincing klezmer/gypsy songs that leave me wondering where all the diamonds on the album came from. Doesn't matter, this is one of the impressive works I have ever heard. Having listened to it now a hundred times and more, every single time I still feel I am looking all the way down into the Well of Souls. Handle with care.
on 10 December 2017
Lhasa is amazing. This vinyl has just the right amount of surface noise to feel authentic!
on 24 February 2017
So beautiful. I know this will remain one of my favourite albums.
on 10 August 2012
This album is fantastic - an absolute classic. Great songs, great vocals and great percussion.But it will not play on my computer's CD-Rom. Or rather it will play but sounds as if it is being listened to through a very crackly paper bag. Plays fine on my hi-fi and in my car . All my other CDs play fine on the computer. I am guessing there is some weird copy protection on it. Very annoying as I listen to music a lot when working on the PC and I have bought the damn thing!
on 10 August 2013
This album is much played. Not my usual taste but has opened up a new direction in music for me to explore Like Janis Joplin, Lhasa is ahead of her time. A very soulful album.
on 26 May 2015
Loved this cd. Lhasa has the most wonderful, captivating voice imaginable and I love the variety of songs, tempo and style on the cd. I just hope that I don't wear it out!
on 15 May 2016
A very good and interesting album by somebody I had never heard of when she was alive. It's a pity she died so young as she had a big talent. Very eclectic music.
on 1 April 2018
Delightful music...Lovely singer...RIP
on 20 April 2013
Great south american artist. If you like passionate Spanish lyrics this is the one for you.
Easy to download and highly enjoyable
on 10 February 2010
Llasa was such a great singer. It has shame she's passed away!! Her Mexican heritage gives a special taste to her music and her way of singing was simply pure feelings in music. We'll miss u Llhasa