Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 December 2003
Suffers from the problem of many recent world music offerings that they water down what made the artist interesting in the first place... Do we need Irish singing alongside Babba Maal's vocals? No thank you Mr Producer. Please stop it. When everyone else stops interfering, as on the slow tracks at the end of the album, some of the true talent of Baaba Maal can be heard. Too late to save the album
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 June 2016
The first Baaba Maal album I've purchased, I found this an interesting sound. The aspects of Nomad Soul which appear to divide purists - the clear range of varied musical influences from around the world contrasted with Maal's Senegalese sensibility - appealed to me. I've since gone on to buy Lam Toro which again mixes more traditional African rhythms, this time with Western hip hop/R&B. I find Baaba Maal's voice extraordinary and regret being a late-comer to the party. Thanks to other positive Amazon reviewers who again encouraged me to dip a toe in to fresh waters. Will I buy more? - you bet!
on 10 September 2001
It has been my luck to see Baaba Maal live on two occasions in two different countries. What a voice, what a presence!! Baaba Maal has a voice that is difficult to describe but once heard you will not forget. This CD is a great mix, brilliant west african beats with loads of energy & one or two slower haunting numbers. I could not recommend it more highly - and if you get a chance, see the live version.
on 22 June 2015