Customer reviews

on 30 January 2017
Took a bit of getting used to as my limited experience with Gregory Isaacs was with Night nurse which I love. After playing it a few times very happy.
on 10 August 2013
This is the best ever compilation of Gregory Isaacs. It brings back all the memories of Saturday night parties, and then on Sunday morning, the first music played is Gregory on the turntable. Oh yes, the sweet tones of Mr. Isaacs was my church. The only quibble I have with this cd is this: where is john public? With this on it, it would be the perfect cd. Still good though.
on 16 November 2015
Good price, quick delivery, great album.
on 14 August 2016
For your collection
on 15 April 2016
Item as described
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 March 2011
This strikes me as a bogus collection of music, one of those things that just happens to stars from bygone eras. Labels come and go, artists enter and break contracts constantly, and you end up with all sorts of "best of" and "essential" collections of music.

With that said, this collection of music is astounding. For some reason Night Nurse is Isaacs best known record. It is a good album, but it's not his best. The music on this record is incredible. The Wailers may have had the best reggae band, but Isaacs will always be my favorite reggae singer.

Do be aware that some of the cuts on this album are older and may not have been remastered well or at all. The fidelity is lacking in parts, but hey, it's all about the skank.
on 10 June 2011
Looking for the real Gregory? Then look no further. ' Mr Cop '...' Black a kill Black ' and ' My only Lover ', to name but a few. This is the " Cool Ruler " in his prime and best. You are missed...R.I.P.
on 9 January 2003
If you like 'old' style Gregory then this is a treat for your ears! The 'mood' reminds me of days gone by and the 'beat' fills me with nostalgia.
I have many of his CD's and I've heard most of his music but this one comes a close second to NIGHT NURSE which is my all time favourite.