Format: Audio CD|Change

As discribed with many. Thanks
on 6 March 2017
celine
on 3 January 2001
S'il Suffisait D'aimer, in my opinion, is a phenomenal French album ever by Céline Dion. I believe many of the British and American fans of her English hits like Because You Loved Me, To Love You More and I'm Your Angel will learn to like her singing French, too! Here's why:
Ever since Jean Jacques Goldman worked with Céline in the album D'eux, Céline's french albums have markedly received greater recognition in countries like France and Canada (Quebec). In this album, one would probably find French songs never before sung like this.
All 12 songs are so fabulous and poetic, truly they are gems! Songs like Zora Sourit, On Ne Change Pas, Sur Le Même Bateau are songs describing metaphorically issues in life and yet filled with some suspense. Songs like Papillon, En Attendant Ses Pas and S'il Suffisait D'aimer simply make you cry because Céline uses are softer touch on those. If you are looking for something of a higher tempo, this CD has Dans Un Autre Monde, Terre and L'abandon to suit your individual's taste.
I especially like L'abandon. Even though I cannot understand a lot of French, but I enjoy this CD every bit.
on 7 January 2005
Those who think of Las Vegas neon when Celine Dion is mentioned, would be surprised to find that her work in French is more like candlelight...and a moonlit serenity in songs like the brilliant "Je crois toi" and the final exquisite "S'il suffisait d'aimer". This album is a terrific collaboration with Jean-Jacques Goldman, who wrote 10 of the 12 tracks, and the other two, "Terre" and "Papillon" (one of my favorites) were composed by arranger Erick Benzi, whose orchestrations are also lovely and complimentary to Celine's voice.
The power and range of Celine's voice is extraordinary, but it is not used in a flashy way here, only to enhance and accentuate the music; the musicianship from everyone involved in this recording is exceptional, giving us a thoroughly satisfying CD for all Celine fans, those of us who mostly prefer her in French, and those who might be converted upon listening to this wonderful CD.
There are some big, lavish songs like the fabulous, "Tous les blues sont ecrits pour toi", but most have a delicacy to them, with Celine singing in a pure style with few flourishes.
Jean-Jacques Goldman, who has attained much popularity in France since the mid-'80s as a solo artist has a large body of work to his credit, alone and with other artists, and his work with Celine is stellar. The booklet insert has all the lyrics (only in French), the sound sparkles with clarity, and total playing time is 51'46.
on 5 July 2003
I just got this album and I think it is an incrediable album and I love the whole album. I don't understand a word of French but enjoy listening to Céline's voice all the songs are french except one Tous les blues sont écrits pour toi which has a few words in english, not the whole song.
The tracks are Je cois toi (I believe you), Zora sourit (Zora smiles), On ne change pas (we don't change), Je chanterai, Terre (earth), En attendant ses pas (waiting for his steps), Papillon, L'abandon, Dans un autre monde (in another world), Sur le meme bateau (on the same boat), Tous les blues sont écrits pour toi (all the blues are written for you) and S'il suffisait d'aimer (if only love could be enough)
The tracks are good and worth every cent you have.
on 18 May 2011
I am learning French so wanted some music to submerge my life deeper in to it, I've always loved Celine but singing in her first language is just so much more earthy I find and all the songs are just beautiful (even if for now I can't understand them...)
on 29 October 2013
The tracks on this album highlight the depth to Ms Dion's voice. There is so much soul and character in this album. You don't beed to understand french in order to enjoy this album, although it is helpful. Tout les blues sont ecrit pour toi, sur le meme bateau, Zora Sourit are for me, stand out tracks. On ne Change pas et En attandant se pas are well composed and beautifully sung by Celine. Je Chanterai and le Abandon are reflective and pure. The title track of the album, is extremely emotive. This album is extrodinary and has the power to make you fall in love with her music all over again, it may even persuade you to learn french so as to discover the meaning of the songs. As well as the slow ballards you would expect from a Celine album, it also includes a few catchy numbers such as Terre and Dans un Autre monde and they will get stuck in your head. Overall, this is a fabulous album to own and I guarantee you will not be disapointed. It truely is a beautiful and emotive album.
on 19 May 2008
I can say this is one of the best Celine's Albums i have ever heard, This album is pure brilliance, I have currently taken up french/spanish lessons and the lyrics are fantastic,

If you like her english albums you will like this one, Even if you dont understand the language, There is something extra plus with Celines french songs.
on 5 July 2008
There are some great vocals on this cd but I don't like it as much as celine's other french language productions.I think it leans too heavily on the side of rock music for my liking but having said that the song
" Si'l suffisait d'aimer" is one of the subtlest and loveliest songs celine has ever sung.
on 15 May 2014
The lady growls, snarls and soars through more songs. If you like her extraordinary voice and Goldman's production, (did you like D'eaux?) then this is all you could wish for. There's a crazy, sleazy blues Anglo/French track I'm a bit addicted to now - Tous les blues sont ecrit pour toi.