Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 February 2011
I bought this CD on the offchance that it would be as good as I remembered it to be....and guess what, it is!
I originally had it on tape (Remember those?)and used to listen to it in the car ALL the time.The minute I listened to it again I was transported back to the eighties, when I thought I was fat and clearly, looking back, wasn't!
It's so evocative, especially disc 1. Luther has always been a favourite of mine but I reckon this album has his best tracks. I love "So amazing" and "There's nothing better than love".
It's such a shame he's no longer with us, but perhaps, when you listen to this collection, just for a while, he is.
on 9 December 2012
I have had this CD for years but I always play it and it will never date for all Luther fans. A house is not a home is fantastic along with searching..... etc etc need I say anymore. If you are a big Luther fan this is the only double album to buy as I have all the others but love this the most!!!
on 21 February 2004
I've been a luther fan forever so imagine my joy when this got released on cd...i starts with searching from the change era of his career and goes up to treat you right and the beautiful here and now (which is a good wedding song by the way!)if you're looking for sweet soul music then this is for you a double cd of luthers best love songs.
on 25 July 2013
This album is a classic I remember having this album on tape somehow got lost in the amount of times i have moved, such a great artist.
on 20 January 2016
Luther at his best, originally had this on cassettes, they wore out & I have been searching for the CD's since. If you love Luther you will not be disappointed with this, soooo easy to listen to & so mellow.
on 8 March 2007
Luther Vandross embodied the soul slow ballad - the idle album for a candlelit dinner. One of my friends used to label his music as "foreplay music" and this album is an apt description. I remember going thru a bad breakup at the time and listening to "If Only for One Night" - does u up badly because it is such a good song. Other gems are "Here and Now" - the perfect wedding song, as well as "If this World Were Mine". Mamma Mia, soul from the soul.
on 18 May 2014
The whole Luther collection apart from Charme and Gorgy Porgy - Classic songs taken to another level by a genius voice sadly missed.
on 1 January 2013
This is one of my favourite albums of all times. My son borrowed mine so i bought another copy. It was secondhand but in very good condition.
on 4 August 2016
This is my first experience of buying 'used' - very happy!
on 11 November 2014
It's Luther , what's not to love !