on 11 October 2017
Excellent remaster - delivered on time
on 22 April 2016
I used to own this years ago on tape. I heard it again recently and remembered how much I liked it so bought it on cd.
on 18 May 2004
The best album Dire Straits have done.'Sultans of Swing','Tunnel of Love' and 'Telegraph Road' have outstanding endings,while 'Romeo and Juliet','Private Investigations' and 'Going Home' are extremely moving.A must for those who appreciate real musicians and guitar/sax solos.The video is worth seeing as well.
on 2 August 2017
Always loved this on cassette now I have it on cd. Best dire straits recording
on 19 March 2016
Best album ever
on 2 July 2011
Was bored with Dire Straits for years. Decided to give them another try.

Honestly, this is a classic which everone should have. Superb!
on 13 December 2016
I had the cassette version but it died...through too frequent playing just the Best Album ever! I throw the Strat. down when I can't quite get the same picking rythym or quickness....a tad better than Hank Marvin on coke! was an original quote in one of their first guitar books.....Got to be the best and quickest Strat. picking and dobro and accoustic album of all time - anywhere in the universe, so I had to buy the hopefully more robust CD version to try and wear out.....Sultans of Swing and Telegraph Road being my most fav's rock guitaring at it's best - great for Christmas for beginner guitarists (humour)..........
on 28 September 2004
I bought the two tape version of Alchemy back in '84 and only threw the tapes away - reluctantly - when they wouldn't play any more about 12 years later. At the time I did not expect to to get another copy. However with the re-release I can once again listen to one of the best live albums I have ever heard. For anyone who loves live music this is an essential addition to your collection. Live music simply has more to it than the clinical studio stuff, with the good artists ad-libbing. Mark Knopfler is one of the best, and so is this album.
on 29 April 2017