Customer reviews

Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£18.20+ £1.26 shipping

on 30 March 2018
For me, it was the first album of DCD I ever heard, the one that made me their fan. That's 20 years now, although it will turn 31 this year. So for me it will always be their favorite album, although their latest works, such as Anastasis, are as great from the musical perspective, but WTROADS is what I would call a deep medieval atmosphere, or that's how it feels to me.
on 19 April 2016
The more I listen 👂 to Dead Can Dance 💃 the more amazed I am 😊 with their music.
on 15 March 2016
My favorite DCD album. Lisa sings like an angel fallen down from heaven, and Brendan composed his best epic melodies. Well deserved to be re-mastered; this music must be heard with the highest possible quality.
on 1 May 2015
will probably grow on me when in the right mood but not enamoured although recognise the talent.
on 26 November 2011
I have this album on vinyl already so knew it was great. If anyone is thinking of starting to listen to Lisa Gerrard or the group Dead can dance then you couldn't find a better album to begin your journey.
on 1 April 2018
Pretty close to perfection.
on 28 October 2016
Very good
on 18 June 2016
Love it!
on 11 May 2001
This CD starts with brooding, orchestral gothic tones that really really grow on you after a few listens. This, however, only sets you up to be absolutely blown away by the final 3 tracks.. which just soar onward and up into something the likes of which I have never heard before. Words cannot describe something that makes your hair stand on end, but suffice to say that this music, although darkly pagan, is not the typical gothic "wallowing in self pity", it is tremendously empowering, defiant and above all truely beautiful. I feel I could stare down the sun after listening to this.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 January 2013
A beautiful album that will transport you. Dead Can Dance take you on a spiritual journey that you cannot forget and you want to repeat over and over again.