Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£11.99+ Free shipping

on 22 March 2004
The first track "Dry The Rain" trully sets the tone for the rest of the album, which is a delight, to say the least.
I first heard "Dry The Rain" on the High Fidelity Soundtrack and was amazed that I'd not heard of the Beta Band before, nor had anyone I knew, which I found quite difficult to grasp, mainly because their music is of such high calibre.
There is no duff song on the whole album, they are all so original and in many ways, all very different. Each track offers something new and all of which I keep getting stuck in my head, which I dont think is a bad thing.
I would buy this album, it is the one you'll always pull out, whether you need something mellow to play in the background, something for a night in, something to listen to full volume or to read a book to, I love this album, I end up not putting it in the rack, just because I play it so much.
I would say it's accessible to anyone, myself being 17 and loving it. What's more, I could see this album being timeless, it sounds like nothing else that has come out in the last few years.
The case is even great, what more could you want. At this price, it's more than a bargain! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
on 26 December 2004
every song is a classic. a great mix of different influences, with a couple of minutes of insanity chucked in the middle. a classic that me and my mates play all the time. every song is classic. an alubum that you';ll never get bored of.
on 12 September 2013
I enjoyed this album and can see why they were so popular. It's a shame I got on to them a bit late buy hey ho!!
on 11 September 2008
An amazing album from a great band. Has held a prominent position in my record collection for a good many years.
on 4 November 2015
I think I ma have worn the grooves down on this one, I've played it so much. Fabulous.
on 31 October 2015
Lovely sound great chill out music.
on 2 April 2015
Top 10 of all time. Amazing.
on 15 May 2016
nice
on 2 March 2000
As you may know this is the betas collection of their first three ep's. the first track 'dry the rain' is brilliant and definetely the best track on the cd. The other songs are OK, bu none of them live up to 'dry the raín' and tend to drone on for ages. like 'monolith' which is almost silent for about 2 minutes in the middle of the song, which is a shame. There could have been more melodic songs, such as 'dry the rain'. However still a great album to have on in the background, and to chill out to. nice,
on 26 January 2003
An easy review to write
quite simply an album that few can do without, it is peerless, intelligent, catchy, eerie and cool.
Get it now! U need it!