on 31 August 2008
The stomp rocket is just such great fun! Everyone wants a go, not just the young children. My son first saw one of these on display to test out at a festival. He wouldn't leave it alone for the next hour and had to share it with other excited kids attracted by it as he kept firing it. The stomp rocket pack consists of a firing pipe which can be angled for the desired firing position using a screw, connected to a plastic air pump by way of a flexible hose. A foam rocket is placed over the pipe, then stamp or jump on the pump and whoosh, the rocket really does fire a good distance with a sturdy stomp! It really is best firing vertically as it can travel 100ft! Not good for gardens, unless you are firing low as you'd spend the whole time retrieving the rockets. You need a good open space! They can be used indoors and would hit the ceiling harmlessly as they are just foam or could be used for aiming at targets.

Apparently these have been used by teachers to teach basic principles of propulsion.

The senior stomp rocket can fire 400ft and uses sturdier rockets which fit more tightly. If you're thinking of buying both, the junior rockets will fit onto the senior launcher but the senior rockets won't fit the junior launcher, so you could buy a spare junior rocket pack with a senior kit.
11 comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2008
I bought this for my son aged 3yrs. It is great! For the price you could not ask for a better toy. The rockets launch really high for not too much effort. Good for adults too.
on 28 December 2008
My 18 month old loves it, my three year old loves it, my wife loves it, my mates love it and I love it.

A fantastic toy, hours of fun!
We bought this for some Easter fun for our 2 year old - he's three in ac ouple of months and very active, plus being a boy he loves stamping and using up energy.

Assembly is very easy. The 3 plastic legs make up the base and you put a bolt and wing nut through the launch pipe to connect it to the base. It needs a little bit of tape if you want to keep it vertical - but you may not want to anyway!

Once the unit is assembled, simply put a rocket on the launch pipe and stamp on the launch pad (a plastic squashable box). These junior rockets fire about 60-80 feet upwards with an adult stamp, and for us our 2 year old managed about half that. You can control the level of flight by only putting the rocket on to the launch tube a little way.

Indoor use is fine - just don't stamp that hard. And the rockets really do glow in the dark!

So simple, and hours of fun for all ages.

Note that the senior version of this has an identical launch pad (we bought both), so if you want rockets to go further then simply buy the different rocket refill pack. 4 rockets come in the junior pack - so it's well worth buying a refill pack anyway.
on 2 May 2009
I bought the stomp rockets after they were recommended to me by another parent. A year later and they are still being played with and providing just as much fun as ever. The junior pack is supposed to be capable of sending rockets 100ft into the air although I can't say I've ever seen ours go anywhere near that high. Still, 50-60ft plus is not bad and more than enough to impress a small child. You can also adjust the angle of the launcher and fire the rockets across the garden. With 2 sets you can fire the rockets at each other and have a little war. Being foam the rockets can't really hurt you and they are quite durable. There's very little to go wrong on this toy as there are no moving parts and the launcher consists of a plastic bladder and a tube on a stand. I consider it to be excellent value, especially in view of the amount of enjoyment it has provided.
on 23 May 2009
I bought this as a gift for my nephew. At his birthday party, it was by far the "coolest" gift and it was fought over by a bunch of 6 year olds while the other presents lay lonely and alone in a heap. Very, very fun. Very cool toy.
on 15 July 2013
This cost me 7 quid. At a recent BBQ it kept 16 kids and most of their parents entertained for over an hour solid. Every time I get it out my kids' (1.5 and 3.5 years) faces light up. The product is cheaply made and the rockets can be surprisingly fragile for something made out of foam, but look at the price of the refills! Amazing value for money if not the classiest present you'll buy your kids (or is it deep down for yourself?!)
on 30 July 2013
my child loves this and so do all his friends. absolutely oustanding toy even for a 2 year old. we even play it indoors and it bounces off the ceiling with no damage. only issue is curious toddlers pull off the blue wings sometimes and the connection of the hose to the pump has come out but we have fixed it up with tape and still works. also losing rockets is par for the course. but brilliant brilliant toy.
on 24 June 2013
We used this on holiday for the first time. The children loved it fits of giggles. My 3 year old was able to make the rockets take off, by jumping on the cushion part with both feet. We were staying on a camp site and my children found they suddenly had lots of friends. More supervision was then needed to ensure the frame which holds the rockets up right didn't get broken. Great fun. All the children on the campsite really enjoyed as well!
on 11 July 2013
Bought this as a present for a 6 year old. Once unwrapped he immediately started playing with it, he could set it up himself and had no small fiddly bits to build together. The toy is also ok for reasonable indoor use as the rocket is made of foam and is not likely to break anything.

See one answered question