Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 April 2017
With the backing of music and 'soldiers singing'. Vera rarely sung without an audinance or music ('tho' usually piano) so it's nearer to the original than the radio versions some of us fondly remember. Working men's clubs and battle fields are not like the Albert Hall. A C'D' I'll keep and pass to my children (their peers are singing some of these songs when going out to wars now!) through the computer. To me this mends the broken heart and makes me sing.
on 28 June 2017
So nice to hear her voice again and to relive the songs she sang during the wartime years.
on 1 August 2010
This is a great CD for anyone and brings back wonderful memories. Great for very elderly people they love singing along to it. If you have anyone in a care home this is a brilliant gift it starts conversations amongst them about tmes gone by. Vera Lynn is a national treasure. Fantastic CD.
on 22 March 2017
very pleased with this cd.
on 27 April 2017
Nostalgia at its best, with Vera Lynn's unforgettable wartime songs. I love it!
on 5 June 2017
Lovely
on 17 August 2017
nice mixture of songs
on 20 September 2017
Bought for a friend's birthday for a little joke
on 28 April 2017
Very good
on 15 June 2013
I purchased this as a present for my Mum who had suffered a stroke and was unable to communicate, apart from singing her favourite songs! Both my parents were huge fans of Vera Lynn, and I know it brought her so much pleasure in her final few weeks, as it did us hearing her sing.