Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 May 2012
It's difficult to condense an entire musical period into a single disc compilation, but hyperion here have done very well. The disc showcases 16 different composers and is therefore very good if you want a comprehensive introduction to the Baroque. All music here is performed by The Brandenburg Consort conducted by Roy Goodman.
I decided to buy this after listening to Roy Goodman's Bachs Orchestral Suites, and it is a very good overview of the Baroque period. As I've come to expect, each piece is played very well, and the recordings are of good quality.
Amazon doesn't seem to provide a track listing for this, so here you go. Hope this is of some use
This is a great collection of many all time favourite baroque classics. The Baroque is a peculiar era and with so many favourites to choose from it is often difficult to get a good collection. This Hyperion CD as the list of the contest shows is one of the best comprehensive selection of Baroque favourites. There are also some great discoveries of rare gems hidden amongst the favourites. I like this collection and gladly recommend it.
on 15 October 2013
I'm very happy with my purchase - I love baroque and this is a great selection - I would recommend
on 5 December 2012
I love Baroqu music and had been looking for such a selection for ages.

The CD arrived, pristine, well before time.
on 25 January 2015
Wouldn't rate this - not a good version. Service was excellent though, thanks!
on 28 October 2015
Very easy to listen to if you are a fan of Barogue. Good CD!
on 20 September 2012
Excellent 'mood' music while I am writing my 10,000 word Masters dissertation on Byzantine Empresses. I have an acquired brain injury and have been diagnosed with reduced cognitive skills so this music has certainly been able to 'set' the scene for my Byzantine studies.
on 8 July 2015
Lots of popular but short pieces.
on 19 October 2015