1,593
Style: Pirate|Change

on 8 March 2017
Pretty good for its price, i'll dumb it down in pros v cons;

Pros:
- Very simple to set up
- easy to put away
- does not take up a lot of storage
- keeps kids entertained (if someone plays it with them)
- no mess involved

Cons:
- Tedious to put the stickers on each prong
- Tedious to take each prong off the plastic frame
- Could potentially lose the prongs
- Prongs sometimes do not register the popping of Olaf

Overall it is a pretty decent toy to buy.
on 17 April 2017
Great product. Hours of fun for my 2 year old. I even bought another for.my nephew and he loved it.
Same as the classic game I played as a child.
The quality is good.
on 21 May 2017
We've bought three of these as birthday gifts for my daughter's friends who have all been turning three recently. Every single friend has loved it and they've all dived straight in to play.

It's a little smaller than I remember pop up Pirate being (could just be my age), it's 11x11x10cm ish, but the sound effects add a nice touch.

I think the box says 4+, but (usual choking hazards aside) all her friends 30 months plus have had no problem with this.
on 31 March 2017
Kept us entertained Really good for the whole family, children loved it and we actually thought it was rather fab and was very much involved when this came out
on 4 February 2016
It's difficult to find a game/toys that a 2 year old and a 5 year old can play - and that means you are invariably ignoring one of them.
With this all problems solved. 2 year old laughing like a drain and 5 year old concentrating really hard.
It is fun and despite what you think the 'jumping pirate' still makes you jump (and laugh) long after you think you would be over it
on 10 May 2017
Very positively received by all our younger kids (2 up to 7 in our case) our youngest keeps dragging it out to play with.

Have to keep track of the plastic daggers though, as he may not pop up until the very last dagger is inserted, so if you lose even one, the game would be ruined...
on 29 May 2017
My family loved this variation of the pop up games. There are fewer swords than in the original games which limits the amount of time to play each game. More swords please TOMY.
on 13 April 2017
Got this for my six year old for xmas as he is a star wars fan.After a couple of games he was quick to figure out that the figure pops out only if you stick the sword in one specific hole.It was quickly put aside and hasn't been touched since.Considering it wasn't cheap either,it was a total waste of money.
on 9 April 2017
Who doesn't love pop up pirate. Perhaps doesn't hold the attention spans of modern kids for long since they seem to all have tablets and smart phones to play games on, but I certainly enjoyed it.
Classic game we all know!

You just attach the pirates head into the top of the barrel with a little press and away you go. Taking turns to slide your sword into the barrel unt suddenly the pirates head pops up and off! The shock on little kids faces is classic even after they know what's going to happen!

It's so simple yet brilliant as the best games are. Great stuff.