on 5 December 2007
I feel i've gotta write a review on this album. I've been listening to and occasionally DJing Drum and Bass since it really kicked off in the mid nineties. Suffice to say a large chunk of my music collection is devoted to the genre. This album ,however, is to me the single best drum and bass cd there is. Conrad is right on the button with his MCing and all the tracks are absolute blinders. This album is not for the harder and darker fans of D&B, try Inside the Machine by Bad Company for a total rinse out. Coming back to this beauty, however, Bukem is the best there is for spinning drum and space. I can listen to this album anywhere: in a club, driving, chillin and even fallin asleep to. I went to a Bukem and Conrad night at Lakota in Bristol a few years ago and he spun nearly every tune on this album f*ckin amazing! I can't recommend this album enough to anyone who likes or wants in on the drum and bass scene. Totally sublime. If i had to pick out two faves, probably Sly Detector and the Ladder. Buy buy buy this album you won't regret it.
on 24 March 2005
This is one of my favourite CD's I have ever had, not only in good looking but in all drum & bass. Bukem goes deep into the music and has this unique vibe thats non existent on any of the other Progression Sessions I've heard. Words cannot describe the greatness of this album the only way you'll ever understand me is if you own a copy of this yourself.
Make sure you get the 2 disc cd - With MC Conrad + an instrumental. That way you can enjoy the soulful vocals on top of the tunes, but if your not a fan on MC'ing you can still chill out to Bukem's instrumental.
Respect to GLO for releasing such a facinating piece of work. I just wish we had more dnb like this...
on 14 August 2009
I bought this CD when it was first released. It had been sitting my CD rack for ages and I listened to it again today. It still sounds as fresh as the day it was released. This compilation is a must for any drum and bass fan. Bukem's choice of subliminal tracks made this his signature sound. He created a new genre witin drum and bass...mellow and ethereal. An excellent CD which I never get tired listening to. This is probably the best CD in the progression sessions series.
on 9 June 2009
Had a load of albums stolen and replaced the ones I really loved, this was one. LTJ takes you to another place with this album and Conrad's MCing emphasises the feeling you get from it. Definately one of the best since Logical Progression.
on 3 December 2015