Customer reviews

Remedy
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 December 1999
This album has to be THE best of '99. There are no rubbish song tracks. The really catchy songs I feel are: U can't stop me and Bingo Bango which will be coming out as a single very soon. The mini tracks such as Jaxxalude add a bit of zest to this fab album!
on 16 December 1999
Just to balance up the reviews a bit, I found this album a big dissapointment. The Jaxx's are great at the up beat pumping house, but there's far too little of this on the album.
Between these are some fairly mindless fillers, contrived, stupid and trying hard to be 'clever'. The band need to leave this slower stuff to Groove Armada/Massive Attack and get on with what they're good at.
on 26 April 2014
Bought for the track 'Being with You' but it did not play as it should and jumped. Could not see any surface damage. Only refund offered not replacement. Poor and I will consider not using Amazon for CDs again. Going back to China on Monday so no time to replace. Very disappointing
on 22 February 2011
I really enjoyed this album when I first got it although I can't help but feel that it sounds a bit dated now. I would probably have given it a 5 when I first got it and a 2 or 3 based on my feelings today, so I'll settle for 4 :-).
on 20 September 2015
Excellent
on 19 October 2014
good
on 24 January 2000
Well, this album has Red Alert, Rendez-Vu, Bingo Bango and Jump and Shout...but bar that there's very little to hold your interest...
on 31 October 1999
All credit to Basement Jaxx for this album, it is as innovative as some of it is catchy, but unfortunately not all of it. I found that, not including the sublime Rendez Vous and red alert, that the tracks were just too jumpy, with no regularity, and is that not what makes a dance tune? I do enjoy the album for it's alternative style, but its lack of euphoric dance credit in a time of brilliant and uplifting trance drags it down in my mind. All credit to Basement Jaxx though for producing an album that will be in style for years, keeping up with the ever changing dance scene.