Customer reviews

on 8 March 2004
I bought this as wallpaper music - and got a very pleasant surprise!
Several of the pieces stopped me in my tracks, made me sit down and forced me to listen.
Michala Petri demonstrates a masterly control of her instrument and a high level of musicianship in a wide ranging selection of material - from reconstituted Bach to specially composed 20th Century pieces.
Outstanding for me was the Sammartini Concerto: Ms Petri shows a lightness of touch combined with serious enthusiasm and an obvious delight that literally stopped me from working and made me listen. The support given by the Moscow Virtuosi also deserves mention.
Koppel's pieces are fun, as are the arrangements from Grieg and Satie.
Overall, although this could be taken as a glorified sampler... it is much more - there are complete works played intelligently and lighter, throw away pieces you'll want to chase after and listen to again.
on 10 June 2013
Michala Petri gives us beauty truly Blent. I love these performances. The most romantic of instruments, and delightful performances. Thank you.
on 27 March 2014
I really enjoy recorder music and these cds are really good with a very varied mix of music. If you think recorders are just for children, listen to Michala Petri play the recorder, quite remarkable.
on 31 May 2015
Her playing is amazing. Makes the recorder a new instrument nothing like the one children learn on.
on 11 August 2014