Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 March 2017
just beautiful music
on 20 August 2009
I bought this CD for my young son who's a fan of the movie, and this is a great CD. I'm not a fan of Phil Collins in solo, but he's a very good drummer and it's nice to hear him sung in French !
on 7 June 2013
You'll be in My Heart is one of my favorite all time songs. I sing it for my nieces before bed and will sing it for my children as well. Phil Collins interprets music and it touches your soul. If you haven't heard this, then you are missing out on something quite epic. I have goosebumps right now just listening to it.

And the movie itself is one that makes me cry each time I watch it. Must revisit soon. Super Soundtrack!!!
on 5 November 2016
As someone who has owned almost every Disney Soundtrack out there I have no qualms in saying that this soundtrack is the best of them all so far. Before I actually saw this at the cinema I wasn't my usual giddy self at the prospect of a new Disney movie (heck I was only 27 after all 😁) simply because I felt Phil Collins was a strange choice for the soundtrack and I'd never really been 'into' him at all (Oh yeah, apart from Buster obviously!) I couldn't have been more wrong. It's moving, uplifting, funny, poignant, everything I've come to pretty much demand from a decent Disney movie. Having just bought my 3rd hard copy (kids scratch things, hide it well away!) am at long last downloading the mp3 version too so I'll have it on my iPod. If the idea of Phil Collins doesn't do much for you, I'd say give it a try anyway. I'm really glad I did and it's been top of my list ever since.
on 31 May 2013
This album is absolutely incredible. If you are hesistating to buy it because it may be too childish or because you don't particularly like Phil Collins, you're making a mistake. I don't have a better album on my ipod and that's quite something considering it's from a disney film. Buy it!
on 30 January 2006
If you don't like Phil Collins then this is definitely not the soundtrack for you as he provides all of the vocals but his voice works really well with a score that proves Disney hasn't lost its touch with the music. Most Tarzan fans will instantly recognise 'You'll be in my Heart' and 'Strangers like Me'and in fact from looking at the track listing it might seem like this soundtrack has little more to offer. However, it is the instrumentals that link Disney's trademark power ballads together that really make this album.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 February 2015
I'm a huge Disney fan and I always love having both the film and the soundtrack.

I bought originally whilst on one of my trips to Walt Disney World.

This is such a lovely CD to have, there are some beautiful songs for this film. The songs are composed by Phil Collins he did an excellent job. They include the Disney classics "You'll be in my heart" and "Two Worlds"

The original score which you hear throughout the film is by Mark Mancina.

I can highly recommend this for any Disney fan. :-)
on 11 January 2011
Being a Phil Collins fan this was always an album I was going to get, along with Brother Bear. And I was really looking forward to it. It did arrive late but I did it order it around the New Year so it's probably a mishap on my side. The album itself was really good. Some amazing tracks in there. However, I didn't really like the constant repeat of certain songs just because the were different lengths ect. It was rather tiresome. But other than that, an amazing album. Certainly worth it's price.
on 6 November 1999
Far different from the comforting Alan Menken and Howard Ashman masterpieces, Tarzan changes Disney and our expectations for good. Whether this is good or bad is up to the individual, but you will not be disappointed with this soundtrack. If you're a Disney follower and you buy this CD you will begin a different strand of music taste since this score is so fresh and different. Mixed feelings about the singer disappeared for me when you learn that the soundtrack is musical narrative rather than full-blown musical farce as in 'Aladdin' or 'Mulan'. A great CD for Disney fans who don't mind change. A bad CD choice for traditionalists. Tarzan's a hunky thing though! Lol!
on 21 May 2012
Unforgettable! I truely love this beautiful soundtrack and movie!! Disney made Tarzan, the hero, so beautiful, kind, primitive and very gentle. Imagine I was in the jungle, Tarzan, that Disney character for real I imagined, gently came up on me and whispers gorilla in my ear, he put his hand on to mine, and holds me very close like a gentle Neanderthal and he also takes me to the wonders of his world. How imaginable.