Customer reviews

Synergy
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 June 2013
This cd is very hard to find in music stores in Indonesia, this is a great CD and the i like this artist. I received this CD just in time. Thank you.
on 12 December 2013
This album contains 12 of the most amazing tracks I have ever heard, ranging from the haunting Soprano Sax solo in the beautiful 'A Simple Prayer' to the screaming Saxophones and Guitar solo in 'Lucky 7'. This is a must have album, and contains some of Weckl's most accessible work. I absolutely recommend it to anybody.
on 10 March 2002
this album is a quality record which combines the amazing talents of 5 men. i play the drums and weckl is the man. he is so acurate and ambitious with his kit. Jay oliver is a beautiful pianist and Buzz's songs are gorgeous. Favorite song is high life closely followed by the other 11 tracks. loads of respect to these guys. they rock
on 12 October 2000
I had never known about Dave Weckl until I was lucky enough to see him live at Ronnie Scott's - London - not long ago.
I was in absolute amazement at the clarity of sound, and fantastic grooves he and his band produced. His kit, of course, was also very sweet.
He played some of the tracks from this CD at the gig, and I instantly needed to get a hold of a copy!
Since then I have acquired 2 other CDs of his - 'Master Plan' and 'Rhythm of the Soul'. Rhythm of the soul is different to Synergy but equally great in its own right. Master Plan is an earlier effort and less to my tastes.
One final thought: words cannot describe the wonderful fourth track on Synergy called 'A Simple Prayer'.
I would recommend you try this guy and his band out - or at least go see him live next time he's in town! - I did, and will definitely be buying his next CD too which comes out soon.
on 16 April 2015