1,661
Format: Toy|Change

on 15 August 2013
We purchased this gift for our 4yr olds birthday. Would definitely recommend for any child interested in nature. One of the best gifts ever. Many hours of excitement and wonder. Can reuse the habitat and order more butterflies. Recommend for schools and nurseries too.
on 23 July 2015
Exactly what I expected. Ordered my caterpillars, watched them grow (which is very fast) and turn into butterflies. All 5 successfully turned into beautiful butterflies. Very happy, I loved it as much as my children. Will be getting more caterpillars in the future.
on 12 August 2012
Perhaps I didn't read the product information properly but I didn't realise that I would have to pay an additional £2.50 in order to get our caterpillars sent out to us. Not a huge sum but I would have preferred to know about it in advance. Otherwise so far so good!
on 21 August 2013
The kid's loved the experience of seeing the stages in the development of 5 butterflies. Expensive kit for what it is, but foolproof instructions. A long winded affair to then purchase the caterpillars, simple from then on. Straightforward science for young and old.
on 24 July 2013
Format: Toy|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My young daughter (almost 4) had seen the TV advert for this product and immediately said she wanted it. So needless to say when this appeared on my Vine newsletter I selected it. The box arrived and contains an enclosure made of netting, instructions and a dropper for feeding. It also contains a voucher for the caterpillars. This is of course because you cannot include live animals in a box that could sit in Amazon's warehouse for ages. Unfortunately it did mean that unlike other Vine products this was not free as you have to pay a small p&p cost for the caterpillars. In my opinion this should be included in the price normally paid for the kit.

Currently we are waiting for the caterpillars so I am not in a position to write a full review within the strict time limit set by Amazon for Vine reviews. I will however update this review once we have the animals and have allowed them to go through their life cycle. I do however think it is a great concept.
on 25 May 2013
I work in a nursery and our children where so fascinated to watch the caterpillars change , they rushed each day to see them . Perfect to teach knowledge and understanding of the world to young children . We had a party to release them and even had a butterfly cake
on 12 January 2015
My daughters (and myself) were fascinated by this and we will be getting more caterpillars to emerge this year too. Amazing how quickly the transformation takes place. Educational as well as fun to watch. I have now bought one of these for my niece's birthday too.
on 11 November 2014
I brought this for my daughter for her birthday in October it didn't say at any point when I was buying it, that you can't get the catapilers until March so she was very disappointed hopefully it will be worth waiting for.
on 27 July 2014
Super fast service, with delivery exactly as stated. Instructions are superb with lots of interesting information, too. All 5 of the caterpillars hatched, much to my daughter's delight. The item was a great accompaniment to the mini beast project at her school.
on 22 May 2016
The most enjoyable experience. I introduced this to my preschool children and the fascination with butterfly life cycle was enjoyed by both adults and children alike. Highly recommend this product to anyone. Will definitely will be getting this product again