Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 February 2000
This album - the best of 99 I think, starts you off with the raucous rock racket of "Roll Up and Shine" making one of the best opening tracks EVER! Then we are launched into what could prove to be a classic rock song in years to come, "The Bartender and the Thief." Then we are counteracted by the beautiful calm of "Hurry up and Wait." The tracks then build upto a noise again with indie - style songs "Pick a Part That's New" and "Just Looking" The rock begins again with "Half the Lies You Tell Ain't True" and calms slightly down with the amazing "I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio" And "T - Shirt Suntan," which is one of the hidden gems of this album. Two of the greatest songs ever then follow with "Is Yesterday Tomorrow Today" and "A Minute Longer" "She Takes Her Clothes Off," "Plastic California" and "I Stopped To Fill My Car Up" - also hidden gems - make for a great closing. Listen to this album all the way through and you will be a phonics fan. If you are not, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU! Kelly Jones' unmistakeable voice and lyrical talent mixed with effective drum beats and guitar tunes are making - I say again - the best album of '99.
on 27 March 2014
was a present for my brother as he loves them and it was great brand new like it said :)
on 18 June 2016
Do not understand how a new cd can have pages missing from enclosed booklet
on 30 June 2001
Before the release of this album 'Phonics' were a a bit of a hidden band,with people little realising their potential; but this album thrust them into the top of the band charts for most indie lovers and made us appreciate 'Word Gets Around'!I saw them live at Reading fest last August and am going to Donnington Racecourse in 14 days!But the things is this album is excellent!'Bartender and the thief' and 'Half the lies u tell aint true'make u wanna get up n jump about,while 'Hurry Up and Wait' and 'Is yesterday tomorrow today' are more mellow and when I saw the latter song live it resorted me to tears as I was right at the front with Kelly about 10m away from me and it is such an emotional song!My favourite has just gotta be 'T Shirt SunTan' which is easily as good as 'Local Boy' from the first album.Last but not least 'I stopped to fill my car up' is the perfect end to what couldn't be a more perfect second album from the best welsh band about!!!!Looking forward to seeing it all live at Donnington!!!!
on 1 December 2015
Great British band - why would you not want this....great album
on 20 September 2014
Excellent customer service.
Product received as described.
on 17 April 2001
To follow the success of their first album "Word Gets Around" would be a very hard act to follow, however the Stereophonics have done it again bringing out the tremendously popular Performance and Cocktails. Although not as good as Word Gets Around, songs like I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio show the maturity that Stereophonics are starting to put into their music. The first track Roll Up & Shine is to much of a hard rock song the rest are absoultley brilliant. The Bartender And The Thief is one of the best songs i have ever heard along with I Wouldnt Believe Your Radio. With the mixture of rock and indie it is a must have for fans and non fans music collection. Favourite Song = I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio. Worst Song = Roll Up And Shine. The Stereophonics have captured the worlds attention once again with this fabulous album
on 17 March 2002
Untill I heard this album, I had heard of 'phonics, but I didnt really listen to much of their stuff. But this is different. I cant stop listening to it. If you love music, buy this, trust me. Brilliant lyrics, tunes, and beats.
on 29 February 2004
Performance And Cocktails shows the true potential of the wonderful band that is Stereophonics. Packed with wonderful tracks such as "Roll Up And Shine", "Pick A Part That's New", as well as some of their hit singles: "Just Looking", "Hurry Up And Wait" and the wonderous "The Bartender And The Theif". All Stereophonics albums are good but none equal the musical power of Performance And Cocktails
on 30 October 2014
Received in good time and product in great condition.